Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Basal Thinning or Fluted? Opinions please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well put jessy ! and thanks for the info
    As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
    NW Arkansas

Comment

Well I did a little research and found out that the point in question. Quote from the book Archaeology  of the Center Mississippi Valley."These points are fairy typical of fluted points found throughout the eastern United States,but they tend to be shorter than those found in the Great Plains" pg.63 I found it east Crowley Ridge. There I been 120 fluted points found in that area since 1967. Really don't want talk about the glue LOL

Comment

farmerwayne wrote:

Well I did a little research and found out that the point in question. Quote from the book Archaeology  of the Center Mississippi Valley."These points are fairy typical of fluted points found throughout the eastern United States,but they tend to be shorter than those found in the Great Plains" pg.63 I found it east Crowley Ridge. There I been 120 fluted points found in that area since 1967. Really don't want talk about the glue LOL
        You did use super glue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              inch:  inch:  inch:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:
        It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
        It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
        Circa:1982

Comment

Congrats to you, sir. For most any collector out there that would be the find of a lifetime!
          Rhode Island

Comment

Thanks Charlie for those kind words

Comment

Hey NICE display (oh dear- glue... I tried rubber cement when I first started out...ack- sad face) That point... has anyone considered snapped Folsom plus a little touch-up?  Just a thought.Happy Hunting!
              Riv.

Comment

Working...
              X