Best way to mount.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to mount.....

Hey all...Im new to collecting artifacts and would like to know the best way to mount artifacts in a shadow box....ive tried some double sided tape with velcro  but the artifacts are either too heavy and fall or leave residue...both obviously not intended outcomes lol any suggestions would be appreciated.....I would like to wall mount them...Thanks in advance!!!!

I prefer frames with felt covered foam. The glass presses against the artifacts to keep them in place. They can be purchased online or at shows. This one was made by one of our members, Cgode.
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Peakhunter, do u see the quality in that frame  that Cgode made ? dosnt get any better !
      As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
      NW Arkansas

Comment

Welcome to the forum Peakhunter, looking forward to seeing some of those Wyoming artifacts.
        Rmartin has you covered on how to display.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

What Cgode said is best for the artifacts. you can take them out anytime rearrange and put back in display you can also examine both sides if you want to anytime with out having to peel tape or clean glue.
          Welcome to the forum lets see some of your framed stuff.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

There is a downfall to using the foam and frame method. Size matters...too large a frame and the foam will not hold the ones in the center properly too small and you can't place many points in them.
            The thicker the point the thicker the foam and frame must be.
            Choose wisely as to which ones you mount together and the foam and frame will work just fine.
            The one that Cgode made is a "display case" if you wish to frame and hang on wall you may want to consider another approach.
            Using a contrasting color of thin twine and tying them down to the backing may be another alternative.
            Finding a suitable frame will be problematic. Your shadow box is not a unique or bad idea just as you said keeping them in place is difficult. Again you may want to try the twine idea if you wish to continue using your shadow boxes, after all they are easier to come by and making the display foam cases is not an easy accomplishment. Didn't Cgode do a good job though.
            If you are intrested he may be able to assist you. Let him know about dementions you desire and maybe
            color background of your preference.
            Looks like I'm advertising for him but there are others who make them as well.
            If you want send me a PM and I can send some information on contacts.
            Oh, BTW: Welcome to the best arrowhead forum on the WWW!!!!
            Howdy from Texas.
            Not many Wyoming members here.
            Jess B
            It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
            It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
            Circa:1982

Comment

another way to display your finds is the coffee table idea. I have done this in the past, and have enjoyed looking at them. This keeps them in place and easily to rearrange. here is a link to a member that made one and posted it here.

http://vb5.arrowheads.com/media/kunena/attachments/3547/2012010.JPG (http://vb5.arrowheads.com/media/kunena/attachments/3547/2012010.JPG) Finally found a
              Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Working...
              X