No announcement yet.

Mayan calender replica end of days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought this was an interesting read about the Mayan calander.  Put your freeze dried food and rations back in your bug out bag.  It's just like all the other apocolpytic bs, anyone remember Y2K???
    The 'prophecy' does not stem from the Mayans at all. Instead, the beliefs come from two New Age books in the Seventies and Eighties, says a British academic.

Comment

Not me Tyson, I'm gonna party and eat all my freeze dried like there is no tomorrow, then, I'll just got get more the next day!
      Any excuse to party!
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

thanks everyone that was great, butch i stole your twinkie thing for FB,,,ts

Comment

Why is it the people who are most knowledgeable are always the biggest skeptics. After explaining to us basically how the Mayans didn't understand what they knew, lol.. if you get an hour between now and the 21st Painshill I'd love to hear your thoughts on this video.
          COMPLETELY VIEWER SUPPORTED - Please Donate HERE: https://tinyurl.com/MarcTurianProdshttp://www.facebook.com/marc.thearcWATCH THIS FILM NOW ON VIMEO: https:...

Comment

I'm really, really impressed.... that as many as three people turned up to hear the original lecture in Boulder, Colorado.

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Painshill, did you even watch 3 minutes of that video? I gather not because in the first 3 minutes the guy agrees with you. It says and I quote "A race of human beings indigenous to Central America left a message for future generations they KNEW we would NEVER believe... because, neither did they."
              That video is amazing, if you didn't watch it because you already know everything about everything, your loss. Bashing the guy on how many people attended his lecture though? Real classy man.. I'm sure with your VAST and INCOMPARABLE knowledge of international artifacts you would draw in a crowd of at least 5, right?  :whistle:

Comment

The world ends Friday, why don' t you just send me your artifact collections ! You ain't gonna need them !

Comment

Geonoob wrote:

Painshill, did you even watch 3 minutes of that video? I gather not because in the first 3 minutes the guy agrees with you. It says and I quote "A race of human beings indigenous to Central America left a message for future generations they KNEW we would NEVER believe... because, neither did they."
                  That video is amazing, if you didn't watch it because you already know everything about everything, your loss. Bashing the guy on how many people attended his lecture though? Real classy man.. I'm sure with your VAST and INCOMPARABLE knowledge of international artifacts you would draw in a crowd of at least 5, right? :whistle:

No, I only draw a crowd of two at best... my mother and a vagrant called "Billy" who has no buttons on his raincoat. He only comes for the coffee and because it’s warm. My mother normally asks for a refund of her entrance fee.

Unfortunately, I watched all painful 60-odd minutes of it. And they were odd. The music was quite good. This isn’t really the place for such discussions, but…

The Sun, with its planets in tow - is not in orbit around a star called Alcyone (which is in fact a binary star system with 3 companion stars in orbit around it) as stated. We are in an orbit of sorts around the super-massive black hole at the centre of the Milky Way galaxy. The Milky Way is a spiral, disc-shaped structure but we don’t see it as such because we are within the disc. Most of its mass lies along the ‘plane’, it is spinning, and so has a ‘north’ and ‘south’ pole and an equator.

Earth will be crossing the galactic equator in 2012. But (seen from the sun) Earth does that every year – twice a year, in fact. As seen from Earth, the Sun also crosses it twice a year and the Moon crosses it two or three times a month. All of that is normal. But the galactic equator is an imaginary line. It appears to closely follow the plane of the Milky Way because we imagine ourselves at the centre of what is an apparently spherical mass of stars when we look at the night sky. But that perspective isn’t real. It’s convenient, when we map out star locations, but it is an artificial view.

By contrast, the galactic plane is real (ie not an artificial perspective that depends on where you are viewing it from). Our solar system is at least several dozen light-years ‘north’ of the galactic plane and is travelling further north away from the plane at about 7 kilometers per second. Earth will not be physically passing through the galactic plane in 2012. It won’t do that until around 30 million years from now.

Will the winter solstice align with the galactic plane on 21st December 2012? No, it won’t. Will there be a planetary alignment? No, there won’t. The positions of the solar system planets at 11:12 Universal Time on 21st December 2012 will be like this:

[Picture from Solar System Live]

Not aligned at all. There will be an approximate alignment of the Earth, the Sun and the galactic centre (ie the black hole), but that happens twice a year. I can’t be arsed to explain this in much more detail but, because the Sun (as seen from the Earth) appears to cross the (imaginary) galactic equator twice a year and that more or less corresponds with the plane of the Milky Way, the Sun will – in a sense - cross the plane of the Milky Way. But, again, it does that twice a year. Every year.

A solstice is effectively the point at which the seasonal movement of the Sun (viewed from the Earth) appears to come to a stop, before reversing direction. A twice-yearly event. The projection of Earth’s orbital plane happens to intersect the imaginary galactic equator near the solstice points and those were in alignment in 1998. But the December solstice is moving ‘west’ by one degree every 72 years and so that alignment will actually be less precise this year than previously.

I don’t know much about Marc Graham’s background but the fact that he uses the nickname “The Arcturian” doesn’t fill me with confidence. The Arcturians (apart from being a fictitious race in Star Trek) are proposed by their followers to be a benevolent bunch of spiritual super-intelligent aliens living in the fifth dimension. They have apparently been sending us helpful messages via telepathic communication with a lady called Norma Milanovich since 1987, to assist us as we enter a “New Age of spirituality.” She has founded a spiritual enlightenment organisation known as the “Athena Leadership Center”. Arcturian followers have latched onto what might happen on 21st December in a big way. I think they’re barking mad.
                  I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Well, I watched 11 minutes and I got a headache. Oh well, my loss. Roger, what I want to know is.....What happened to Billy's buttons?
                    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

rmartin wrote:

Roger, what I want to know is.....What happened to Billy's buttons?
                        He took them off. Apparently he found it a more convenient arrangement when he's skulking in the subway at night.

Comment

Well......I asked for that!
                        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Working...
                        X