• Show
Clear All

• Florida Material Type? Large Pasco style Marion

Click image for larger version

Name:	50911BD7-A064-41EF-8D08-C715EA051D7E.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	655985
    This Pasco style Marion was found in North Florida and measures 5” in length. I was wondering what type of material this is made from.?
    SE ARKANSAS

I don't know for sure Arti but it looks like a Quartzite and it sure is a sweet big point. K
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

What area of North Florida if you don’t mind me asking? I lived in Taylor County for a few years.
      As far as materiel, from the picture it appears to be raw (not heat treated) chert. A friend of mine found a greenbrier in Dixie county that is similar materiel. Pasco’s a rarely found in north Florida. It’s a unique find for sure.

Comment

• Artifascination
        Artifascination commented
        Editing a comment
        I recently acquired a group of points from Leon County. This is the most unique of the bunch for sure.

Florida chert..It comes in many colors and textures..I don’t believe there’s any way to tell if it’s had heat..
      5” points Florida points are very hard to find..I recon they had no need to make em longer, much to my regret..?..Sweet grab Ryan 👍🇺🇸🐟
      Floridaboy.

Comment

• Artifascination
        Artifascination commented
        Editing a comment
        Appreciate it Hal. It is definitely large for about anywhere… honestly it’s hard to come by any size Florida points nowadays.
    Working...
    X