Bought arrowheads off ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought arrowheads off ebay

I bought all of these arrowheads off of ebay for $11.00 and $3.00 shipping and i think that big one is even a spearhead. :cheer:. But im wondering if its TOO good of a deal and if any of them are fakes??? Let me know what you think, and if they are all real what are the value of some of them??

I'm sorry to say they appear to be modern, not ancient, IMHO. At least you certainly didn't overpay for them.
    Rhode Island

Comment

All I say is the knotching in them looks a lil funny. Sorry.

Comment

Yep I googled the guy and they are fakes.

Comment

It's hard for me to understand why people would make fakes like that and then sell them so cheap where's the profit!

Comment

Sorry they are not the real deal.
            Wayne,
            Order them by the box or boat load from India or China, you get profit.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

There are dozens of these kinds of vendors on ebay. The smart ones make no claims for antiquity or provenance of their items (as is the case for Mr Vaughan). Just meaningless babble such as this (from one of Vaughan’s other auctions):
              >>>BIDDERS: THESE ARE SOME OF THE MOST COLORFUL, COOLEST POINTS THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN!!
              WHAT YOU SEE, IS WHAT YOU GET!!!
              YOU WILL RECEIVE EXACT POINTS AS SHOWN IN PICTURE!!!
              --- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE --- IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, I WILL BUY IT BACK ---
              BUY FROM A TRUSTED GOLD TOP-RATED EBAY SELLER WITH 100% POSITIVE FEEDBACK!!!
              EXTREMELY SHARP  EDGES AND POINTS!!!                                                 
              EXCELLENT FLAKING SCARS!!
              COLOR IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!
              ---- THESE BEAUTIFUL MULTI-COLOR BIRD POINT ARROWHEADS ARE STUNNING. THEY ARE #1 HIGH-GRADE POINTS THAT ARE ALL TRULY ONE-OF-A-KIND; NO TWO ARE THE SAME. ++++ YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED IN THIS COLLECTION!
              BUY WITH CONFIDENCE!!!! I ALWAYS OFFER A 30 DAY RETURN GUARANTEE!!!! THANK YOU and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
              I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

It's too bad people do this type of thing.  But, to be fair like painshill pointed out, he is sly like a coyote, its all in the language he uses.  These aren't worth much, but they can be added to pieces of western art or decor to give it some flair.

Comment

If you have a rock polisher, they come out great after a good polishing.  They are usually made from pretty agates that take a nice shine.
                  Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

These are all modern points made in Mexico or India.
                    Jack

Comment

Most deffinitely could have been marketed PROPERLY. But, i dont think you got burned for what you paid for them. They will still make for a nice display. This is the kind of stuff i like to give to kids that are interested without giving away my good ones. And i sure dont wanna give em a broken one. But i always make sure they know its a copy and not the real deal. They still get a pretty good kick out of it. Especially the younger ones.

Comment

Digger, That avatar cracks me up! Where did you find it?

Comment

Its a pic i found floating around on facebook.

Comment

If it looks, feel or you suspect it is a fake it probably will be. The flint used appears to have originated from just about one source and it appears to be very similar to what knappers in Central Texas use, Edwards Flint. If your interested in arrowheads, go to the next indian relic show, talk to the collectors, see what they are selling, especially the better pieces. Also if it looks too good it probably is not authentic. If you get serious, then be ready to invest in background information, books, and again get to know the right people. Like every other hobbie it is a learning experience. Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
                            X