Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plummet?

Hey All,
    Just wondering if I ID'd this one correctly. It came with the other gifts. I haven't spoken with that fella yet but my dad said he was saving what he'd been finding recently and was going to give them to me for Christmas. I can't wait! Feel like a kid again! Thanks, Sandy

Bobby's Buck- I shot high and missed, glad I had a back up shooter..lol

I would say so on the Plummet and congrats on some fresh deer meat.

Comment

Nice plummet Sandy, I need friends like that. Can't wait to see what you get for Christmas!
      Nice shot Bobby, good thing you've got Sandy's back!
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

They don't know what they were used for do they?

Comment

Alot of opinions, net weights, charmstones, ceremonial, plum bob. Personally don't understand a person putting all the time and effort into making a piece like that, tying it on to a net for a weight and hoping it doesn't fall off or get snagged. Would think a simple rock would work for that. Very neat artifact, whatever it is.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

there's a whole lot written about this class of artifacts, and much of it is available on-line (and a lot of it dates back to 19th century interviews with native people). In my opinion, researching this is a fun way to spend many hours, especially during these winter months. Personally, I agree with gregszyla: it's hard to imagine this was a strictly utilitarian object, and it's a lovely piece. Enjoy!

Comment

Agreed, prized artifact not a day to day object, such as a weight.
              Very generous gift, and just think more to come!!!!!!!!
              Behold the 12 days of Christmas afore you.
              Jess B
              It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
              It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
              Circa:1982

Comment

Working...
              X