Ohio blades/preforms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio blades/preforms.

Was interested in seeing if anybody else had any blades from Ohio area and what time period it's from.Notice percussion flaking with little to no pressure flaking but pressure flaking is present.Which leads me to believe this is not a preform since sharpened but my best guess is middle archaic let me know what you think! Total length is 4 inches.

Welcome from west central.Florida.👍🇺🇸.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I think utilized\preform.
      How did you arrive at the time period?
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• SouthernOH,Rockhound
        SouthernOH,Rockhound commented
        Editing a comment
        From what I've gathered reading online but there's not a lot of information on the web.The books on Ohio artifacts are very informative but I no longer have access to any.If anybody owns one let me know !

cool looking peice.welcome aboard.
      Utah

Comment

Nice find. I would call it a stage one knife. 😊
        South Carolina

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota likely a Adena blade I.m.o…👍
          Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

The patination on that thing is insane. I'd also guess archaic but that covers a lot of territory. There is just enough pressure flaking to think it was probably used as a knife with intentions of further refinement that never got done.

Comment

Not absolutely Ohio but still quite interesting and useful.

Central States Archaeological Journal
              https://archive.org/search.php?query...%20Journal&and[0]=subject%3A%22Indians%20of%20North%20America%22
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

A hardy welcome to our site. A very nice old blade you have. Our artifacts here are very similar to what you find in Ohio. PM me if you'd like to see things from my area. Kim, from Central Pa.
                Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Working...
                X