Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is The Most Unbelievable or Odd Thing Youve Found While Hunting Artifacts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoss
    replied
    Back in the 1960's My dad would take us on digs. Every time there my dad would find coins. It was a series of dirt roads on a bluff above the lake . I think he would find coins because it was dirt roads by day but people would park at night snf camp there at times. Back in the 90's I was gifted a metal detector. It was a cheap one from Radio shack. I remembered the place we used to dig and all the coins my dad found a lot of which were silver. So I decided to take a stroll on through the area with the metal detector. I found a gazillion aluminum pull tabs. Then I hit on a strong signal and had to dig about ten inches down. I found a crumpled up piece of foil balled up with trash inside. I carefully opened it , inside was a three muskateers wrapper. I flood of memories came rolling in. Three muskateers was Dad's favorite candy bar. It was buriied by us back in the sixties. LOL It was not the best of finds but the memories generated by the find were fun to have. I didnt find a single coin that day. But I walked away a happy man.

Leave a comment:

• What Is The Most Unbelievable or Odd Thing Youve Found While Hunting Artifacts?

Ok, not sure if I chose the appropriate category for this one but i myself find the most unbelievable, out of place, odd and unusual things sometimes on my hunting trips. I have so many different stories and tales about the things i find and have probably even forgotten some. Id like to think this doesnt only happen to me, so id like to hear everyone else's strangest finds over the years and that way ill know im not alone! I guess if u walk far enough, eventually youll find something crazy. It inevitable id think. Im
    really going to have to dig through the cobwebs up top but im
    pretty sure i have mine picked out, but theres been so many its hard to choose! But lets hear them guys and gals!
Working...
X