Help Identifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identifying

This is a very heavy piece. Does anyone know what it was used for?

Looks like a nutting stone/anvil. Those divots were likely created by natives cracking open nuts. They could have used it for grinding lots of things with the looks of the larger depression in the middle. Neat find!

Comment

agreed with diversion
      Utah

Comment

Was it found in a campsite with other artifacts or is it a creek find?
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Welcome from west central Florida 👍🇺🇸.
          Floridaboy.

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads.com MD. That looks like a good old piece to me. The reason is that the holes are all slightly different sizes and shape. Natural ones the holes are about the same. I can definitely see the ware patterns. Kim, from Pa.
            Last edited by Mattern; 12-02-2022, 08:11 PM. Reason: correction
            Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Welcome aboard from Michigan. Definitely a cool find. How big is that piece?
              Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

Really nice anvil/nutting stone MD. - probably one of the first stone tools used, and the first to be left behind in camp.
                Want more natural history and wildlife videos? Visit the official BBC Earth channel: http://bit.ly/BBCEarthWWBBC EarthThe BBC Earth YouTube channel is home t...
                If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

I'll go with Omarulluk.
                  Savant Banjo Picker

Comment

Acorn cracker
                    FGH Check out my artifact store at Lone Star Artifact Reclaim

Comment

Working...
                    X