Does anyone know what I have here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know what I have here?

I found this piece and everyone who sees it has a different opinion of what it is. One person says a kirk (I don't think so), one person says a Hardin that has the tip reworked to round (that's where I'm leaning), one other says an "sunfish lost lake". It don't have a bevel side, but he said that particular one doesn't have a bevel. I'm new to this forum and would appreciate any help. By the way, I live in the western part of Kentucky to help with ID. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum Big Sandy. It has more of a Hardin look to me. Beautiful material.
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Thanks!  I find a lot of that material where I hunt.  Only found this piece made of it though.  Almost looks like black and brown marble. Very cool.

Comment

Welcome and agree with Ray, beautiful piece and does have a Hardin look.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Great, thanks!  That was the direction I was leaning, mainly because of the stem.

Comment

That has got to be the ugliest Hardin I've ever seen pm me if you want me to get rid of it for you....

Comment

Your right Speedmaster, I probably should just throw it out!      Think I will leave it in the case though and look at it for a while.

Comment

Working...
              X