Thoughts/advice on looking for arrowheads in northwest kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts/advice on looking for arrowheads in northwest kansas

Just moved to northwest Kansas and want to get into arrowhead hunting I have found a few and lots of worked pieces while out hunting in nebraska but just random. What's everyone's advice on getting started and what to look for?

Welcome from west central Florida #13....Firs t of all you might wanna consider ditching the #13..I’m kidding, I’m kidding 😂🇺🇸.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

Not having any luck? Want to know how to find a promising site? Ask away. Share your own tips and advice on where and when to look, and what to look for.
      If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

We used to have a couple of members from Kansas who really scored, esp. Paleo points, hunting shallow water stream beds/sand bars.
        Rhode Island

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads.com 13. Olden gave you some good references on our site. Ask and you shell receive. Kim from Pa.
          Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Thanks for the advise and the link. I've done some research and in the area I'm in there's alot of dried up creeks nothing with running water and they all have sand bottoms maybe at most 10 feet wide would these be good places to start? I couldn't find any information as to if the creeks ever had running water year round.

Comment

Also there are alot of playa lakes that in the area all dry in some of the ag fields around here just a thought that 1000s of years ago they would have held water more often would these ag fields be good places to get permission on even though some of them may be miles away from any other source of water one of the dry creeks I've mentioned above?Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kansasarrowhead13 View Post
                Thanks for the advise and the link. I've done some research and in the area I'm in there's alot of dried up creeks nothing with running water and they all have sand bottoms maybe at most 10 feet wide would these be good places to start? I couldn't find any information as to if the creeks ever had running water year round.
                Certainly worth a shot, they held water at times in the past. You want sand and gravel bars littered with rocks the size of your average point. If it’s just all sand, no rocks, probably a waste of time. Here are Kansas hunters discussing things:

Greetings folks. I'm a new member but have a lifelong interest in arrowheads. My collection is pretty small but nobody loves hunting them more than I do :)

So, I would say, just as one member said: “I find a stream and jump in”. And dry streams are certainly worth a look…

Rhode Island

Comment

Welcome and good luck with your hunt
                  South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                  X