Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell me if these arrowheads are real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me if these arrowheads are real?

I found these walking down a creek and wondered if they are real and what they may be worth. If they're real I want to know if it would be worth getting a COA on them so my children can have a legit family heirloom.

It looks like you have at least two arrowheads, with moderate damage. And some debitage ( waste or unused pieces of flint/chert ), and some mineral specimens. You would have $25 - $75 wrapped up in getting COAs. Use and print out any replies from the collectors on this forum to serve as a COA. Your artifacts, and other items, are no doubt, authentic pieces, which can be assessed from the photos. Keep looking and good luck!!
    http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

Welcome Leslie.
      At least two out of three in the first pic are, not sure about the middle one. These are fairly used up points that have seen a lot of abuse so dollar value is very minimal. Best way to share these legit family heirlooms is to display them with pride and maybe take the kids out one day and have them on the hunt as well. I don't think anything is going to make them appreciate them more than finding one!
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome to the forum. As the others have said, you do have a couple of points. They are field grade specimens that have been pretty used and abused but they are authentic artifacts and I am sure are priceless to you. My best advise would be forget the Coas and get back in that creek and find some more.
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Sound advice from the above replies...thats some serious river polish on them things.

Comment

I believe the others have hit it dead on ,,,
            As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
            NW Arkansas

Comment

rmartin wrote:

My best advise would be forget the Coas and get back in that creek and find some more.
                If you want a priceless family heirloom, pack a picnic lunch and the kids with you and find some more. Make a frame for each of the kids.  They'll appreciate them more than money someday.
              Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Thank You Everyone for your help and advice. I went out walking to try and find some more and found these instead. Are they genuine? Or even Indian in Origin

Comment

Nice finds

Comment

Well, the first item is a bosun's whistle... used at sea to call commands over the noise of the waves and later as a salute to the boarding of officers onto a ship. It looks to be silver. The picture isn't great, but does it have a dragon motif? If so, it's probably late 19th Century. Those are quite collectable in nice condition.
                    [Addition: Actually, looking more closely at the second and third pictures it looks more like brass and perhaps late 18th or early 19th Century. If it's silver, it will have a maker's name on it somewhere. Have a good look with a magnifier... the name is normally on that flat undecorated area near the suspension loop.]
                    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

It is brass. and yes there is a dragon motif. I didn't see any kind of maker's mark on it.

Comment

Very interesting...

Comment

Working...
                        X