No announcement yet.

Unknown Native American Clay Pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The holes just dont seem to follow the style of holes that i have ever seen in a birdstone, they look to rounded or polished in... Just dont seem old looking if i should say... IMHO

Comment

i find it odd that both birdstones were found on the same day in the same field. But i guess it's possible

Comment

jimr wrote:

i find it odd that both birdstones were found on the same day in the same field. But i guess it's possible
          I'm unable to find where it says they were found in that manner.
        Rhode Island

Comment

The porphyry reportedly was found at or around a place called Sackman Field, Il on May 16, 1963. While the other was from another collection held in Illinois, but the provenance was “thought” to be southern Illinois (family of the original collector). All we know about it is that the fellow lived in some place called Owenton (SP?) Ky and worked the Illinois/Indiana/Kentucky area.

Comment

I think with the particular items you posted, an in hand evaluation is needed ! I would take them to a show, or a professional for evaluation. Some things just can't be determined from pictures!

Comment

jimr wrote:

sorry, i mis read the post. i was saw where it was typed above the second pic and then i saw the one below with the tag.  jim

Comment

Working...
              X