Help with ID please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with ID please

I've been finding points for years in WV and KY. I've done my best to identify my points but would love some input.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2013-02-11 [replaced].jpg
Views:	38
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	213761

Best of my collection

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2013-02-11-2 [replaced].jpg
Views:	28
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	213762

Comment

Top one looks like a knife or scraper. The bottom picture looks like a bi-face preform.
      Jack

Comment

Welcome to our forum, Jim. Very nice collection. I'm not from your region, hopefully someone more familiar can type those for you. First 2 look like knifes to me, the 2nd is a killer blade, great photo with the setting in the background! In your 3rd photo, the beautiful intact side notch just to the right of the biggest blade would probably type as a Normanskill point if found in the Northeast.
        Rhode Island

Comment

Most of these points came from farms in southern WV.  A few are from Muir Valley KY.

Comment

Hey Jim, Nice stuff!! the 2nd photo as the first looks like a knife, however looking at pic 2 I wonder if that one might be a Cobbs point, it looks as though there may be a bevel on the right side, (top side in the photo) Looks flaked more than opposite side. Let me know I am curious. I am from NE Ohio, but have some nice Kentucky pieces in my collection. Great stuff_Bill

Comment

Best guess for top photo is a paleo knife or might be a Guilford Lanceolate

Comment

Working...
              X