Found in the Creek today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found in the Creek today

Just found this today in the creek in Kentucky and I am not sure if it's an arrowhead that has been broken or if it has some odd corners?

Yes that is a arrowhead it is missing a ear and it looks like a barb. as for what type, I will leave that for someone in your region.
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Thanks!  My husband found it, we were looking around online and it looks like it used to have another piece to the base; maybe like a LeCroy.

Comment

It is definitely a bifurcate with part of the base missing, It very well could be LeCroy.
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

That's what it looked like after we looked around a bit.  I always found them as a kid but my husband was just complaining that he never has found one and went for a walk in the creek today and there it was!

Comment

Neat point. From the looks of it, the spacing on those large barbs is precise to the millimeter. I find some LeCroy in Letcher County. None serrated yet, though.

Comment

Love bifurcates. Nice find.
              Rhode Island

Comment

Thanks for all the input guys!  It's exciting to hear what you all think about them!

Comment

Could be a kanawha bifurcate, the are around here, one state up, Indiana.

Comment

Nice find!

Comment

Missing ear or not that is one heck of a find ,,,, tell your husband Congrats
                      As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
                      NW Arkansas

Comment

Working...
                      X