Clovis point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clovis point?

Hello everyone. I recently purchased these clovis points, i wish i could find one and my hat off to everyone who has! I have a few questions regarding the points. All four points have what looks like slight basal grinding and the 3 inch gainey style looks like only basal thinning. Are these working points or possibly reworked and not finished. Also the internet is pretty vague on in depth reading on clovis points, is there any recommend books out

there on the subject. All input appreciated.

The best book I've seen lately is "Clovis Technology" (Bradley, Collins -and- Hemmings, International Monographs in Prehistory, 2010). This is an in-depth look at Clovis points and associated tool technology and manufacture. It covers point manufacturing, re-work and variations very well. BTW, Nice collection, thanks for sharing! B)

Comment

Thanks for the info, I dont know why but these points fascinate me but they do.

Comment

I've found several, including the one in my Avatar. They are simply some of the oldest works of lithic art/tools you can find in the U.S. And they were made when extinct mega fauna roamed the forests and plains. That's a big part of the fascination for me. Paleo is my favorite artifact period.

Comment

Just wanted to say it looks like you might have a knack for Clovis "shopping" as they don't all look "bad" but kind of good. Truetts good help for your question.
          http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

I wish i could find one, nothing like finding a point. At least you didnt say they are purdy!

Comment

Working...
            X