Some teeth and a bead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some teeth and a bead

Found these teeth in a local creek in N.MS. The bead came from a large cotton field near a mound.

Shark teeth, cool! Pic. pretty small, whats the bead made of?

Comment

Nice collection of shark teeth.
      Jack

Comment

Thanks. Sorry for the small pic. Not sure how to make it bigger. The bead is a soft stone feeling material. Seems to be pretty brittle. I found it in a cotton field in a large creek bottom close to a mound. I looked for more but didn't find anything and this year they planted cotton but didn't till the ground so not great hunting there anymore.

Comment

Hey those shark teeth?...might be from the cretaceous..the time of the dinosaurs...Grabs you a screen and screen a washout in that creek..good chances of you finding a dinosaur tooth...highly rare one for that area...The fossils there are also micro...you can tote some that matrix home wash it thru screen door screen let it dry...grab a magnifyer,..and collect rare cretaceous fossils right in your home...Now if you collect an abundance..yous gots dollar bills...... ...now like south carolina?.You can stop off any bridge and collect..the sharks teeth arent cretaceous the are miocene...its the cretaceous you want....The others are very cool though also just less rare.....Jon

Comment

Jon! waiting for ya to list more fossils. Tryed to find ya on ebay before but couldnt? Just so happens a bidder that bid on one of my pieces had bought one from you! Thats wild! Karly wants fossils for X-mas so I be bidding! Mark.

Comment

Cant really tell from picture if theres any Mako shark teeth..The Makos were miocene..from the picture..very possible cretaceous...

Comment

Heres some cretaceous shark teeth from the sulpher river here in east texas near my home that i collected...these sharks swam around with the dinosaur mosasaurus and pliesosaur and other wild creatures...see the similarities?.A big difference is if those are cretaceous 65 MYO?...yours more rare...jon

Comment

Oh Cool mark..I list every other week.Gives me a week off from shipping...Im listing this weekend...if all goes well...I will think bout her when i list the fossil part.

Comment

Jon, how did you find those on Sulphur? When I'm on Sulphur, all I find is some super sticky mud.
                    Chris

Comment

Hey Chris..yea the sulpher at our end doesnt have much in the way of fossils..mostly cause of the layers...if ever around ledonia where the water is low...take a closer look..the sulpher divides also around cooper area and commerce..the south sulpher ,mid sulpher, and north sulpher is all good in that area ,of course mostly dinosaur marine creatures but there were marine reptiles also....jon

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I drive from Sulphur Springs to Commerce atleast once a week. I might just have to pull off, and see what I can find.
                        Chris

Comment

Perfect Chris..Look also for those big ole mosasaur spinal vertebrae...

Comment

She wants a "Dinosaur tooth", If ya got any? Kinda bummed me out....she told me she "I dont really want an arrowhead this year". She has only went out with me twice this year. She is losing interest. That....SUCKS. Mark.

Comment

Well Mark...they are just a little unimpressive to her for the moment...let her go at her own speed buddy....You might have put one on a necklace or something :dry:

Comment

Working...
                              X