• 10 extinct giants

Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Rygar responsible for glyptodon demise.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Neat read.
      Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Very interesting stuff, i particuarly took interest in the mammoth - mastodon comparison , and how the two species coexisted. I wonder if they could/would interbreed?
        Also found it fascinating that there was a species of Cheetah. I knew about the Saber Tooth Tiger but not the Cheetah. One more reason for a Paleo hunter to have "eyes in the back of his head"!
        This continent must have been a truly fascinating and scary place to be roaming around 12,000 years ago. Perhaps why such an emphasis was placed on making consistent, lethal fluted projectiles, you probably only got one chance at the next meal, or not becoming the next meal.
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

man...i was totally born in the wrong time period,lol, i would have loved to chase after giant stuff with a spear all day! heck, i'll fight a sabre cat right now, Click image for larger version

Name:	primitive spear 020.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	169729 and die trying,lol!
          call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            A lot crazier...

• OnewiththewilD
            OnewiththewilD commented
            Editing a comment
            A lot crazier

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a really nice spear. I made a mini version last year. Because of it's shape, and it's implied use, I called it "the death carrot".

I would be the most nervous and jumpy human on the face of the earth. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing that they were out there.

Sorry for replying three years after you started the topic!

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Hey Guys, Sure it's an old thread but I enjoy taking another look. Some scientists have theorized that the American pronghorn evolved to escape the ancient American cheetah.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              The theory of evolution is a theory - not a law. A theory is a hypothetical scientific idea or principle that has not yet been proven as a law. A law is when a theory has been proven by both time, and repeatable experimentation. Granted, creationism is not a law either. Secular scientists refuse to accept, or even listen to the idea of creationism, because it contradicts their belief that there is no God. Creationists believe that there is a God, therefore evolution is false. There is no middle ground. You believe one, or the other.

I find that evolution has several flaws in it's ideas.

This is my stance on the matter. I could go into broad detail, but out of respect, I have edited my original comment, and will not discuss anything further.
              Last edited by Kentucky point; 10-15-2018, 10:41 AM.

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              I am not trying to change anybody's belief on the matter, I am merely stating my own opinion.

• Broken Arrow
              Broken Arrow commented
              Editing a comment
              There is a middle ground, if you don't blindly accept the dogma of either or both sides of the discussion.
              A simple statement comes to mind that might serve well for both sides to heed.. There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

My simple statement was not intended to ignite a religious debate. I will be more careful in the future.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't worry about it. I wish no animosity towards anybody. What I said was my opinion, and I will not argue it any further. I wish to remain friends with all of you guys, regardless of personal beliefs. That is what America is all about. Freedom of thought, mind, religion and speech.

I am sorry if I upset anybody.

• Ron Kelley
              Ron Kelley commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Ethan, I'm not upset at all but I think you missed the point. It's best to not discuss religion or politics on this site.

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              Okay. I promise not to do it again.

Well these old threads brought back to life are great . I love seeing a blast like this .

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Carl_&_Frank_angry_at_Sid_ruining_their_salad.png
Views:	73
Size:	450.2 KB
ID:	325964

Behold! The ice age giants!
              "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Working...
              X