Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teeth what kind

Found central pa

Thingy do-jobby on left, do not know what the heck that is other than another "rock".
    Definitely not a tooth from anything I have ever seen. Cool rock never-the-less.
    Center specimen is a horse and the specimen on the right is bison not cow.
    You say these were from central Pa?
    The Bison sorta migrated westward during the Pleistocene era.
    The horse well difficult to pinpoint age without direct context information.
    I have found them here in Texas ~12,000-20,000 years old and ~10-20 years old. Sooooooo difficulties in saying old or not.

Jess B.
    It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
    It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
    Circa:1982

Comment

They are petrified

Comment

Yes, I believe Jess knows the two teeth, center & right, are fossilized. The one on the right-- bison-- is similar to one I found on the Chesapeake Bay last year.
        Child of the tides

Comment

That first one looks like a fossil pine cone, or a cone from another species of tree. Hard to say from the photos. What conditions were these found. Along the river, a quarry place, digging, etc.?
          http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

• Hhaysr56
            Hhaysr56 commented
            Editing a comment
            Paleozoic floating elongate mullusk

After a flood I think they came from a large piece of embankment that fell found in stream with in days of each other they where not in water very long I always go out after flood on this creek the conodoquinet

Comment

If your finding bison teeth washing out of a creek bank, you should be going there often, and looking for any artifacts associated with the teeth. Few people know it, but when the Chickies Creek at Manheim, Lancaster Co., flooded about 40+ years ago, mammoth teeth were found washing out of the banks!
            http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

• Hhaysr56
              Hhaysr56 commented
              Editing a comment
              Waiting for water to warm a little and my health get better be about a month I have found other bone pices here
          Working...
          X