Our summer beach walks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our summer beach walks

Every year we do a family beach trip and this year my son could not stop talking about megladons. This all started when I showed him a picture of a kid who found a megladon tooth on one of our beaches. I told him that we would go shark tooth hunting but finding a megladon tooth would be like winning the lottery. We walked every morning looking for teeth and found a few which kind of surprised me since internet searches said it's very hard to find teeth on Wrightsville beach NC. And the fact that there are so many people here sometimes you have to bring your own sand to sit on. The big rock at first I thought had a tooth in it but now I think it's some kind of bivalve? My son has been begging me to show everyone our finds. Thanks for the look. Oh yea I did find a megladon tooth but it was in a store so I got it for him.
    Attached Files
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Great collection of sharks teeth. I recognize fossil sand tiger & mako sharks. The oblong is a fossilized clam. Neat!
      Child of the tides

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Deb even though we were looking for teeth along all the people it was very relaxing. Did find one good shell a Banded Tulip.

That's a lot of sharks teeth and someone cleaned 'em up real nice.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Chuck it was my first time really trying to find them. Kind of calmed my itch for artifact hunting while I was on vacation.

Back in the late 80s we were at our beach cottage on the OBX when Hurricane Charlie blew up suddenly off the coast. Deciding not to evacuate we sat out the cat. 1 storm & the next day had the beach to ourselves. Found several rare Scotch Bonnets, NC's state shell, along with several other varieties I had never found before. Never a Banded Tulip though. Nice find.
      Child of the tides

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        I found the Tulip sound side while fishing. It had a half eaten stinky hermit crab in it. Banded Tulip is just a guess you might know better. By far my best shell ever.

?

Comment

Way to represent Dad! Your boy will cherish that tooth a long time.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Nice Teeth! Love how they are polished. Thanks for sharing!
          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Those teeth are sweet finds there my friend.
            Bruce
            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

You guys had a great hunt !!! Even with all the people
              good time together .
              Tell your son good job on all those shark teeth .
              beautiful shell .

Comment

Working...
              X