Christmas Shopping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Shopping!

Kids love "Cool things" for Christmas....They dont want socks and underwear! :dry: Being a 50 year old kid I know what they like! A guy on another site had these for sale cause his garage was full of em! The bigger one is a Tylasaur vertebra, Kinda rare. The smaller one is a mouasaur (spelling?) vert. I sent him a money order for 3 more bigger Mouasaur verts for my grandson, a lady at works 5 year old and my wife.

Very nice, Mark, and those are definetly "cool" Xmas presents for sure.  Just went and read up a bit on the critters behind those fossils.  Tylosaurus was one of the largest of the mosasaurs, reaching nearly 50 feet in length. If it's dangerous to swim in shark infested waters today, just imagine running into this Tylosaurus, a teeth machine if I ever saw one :S

And, I might add, those are MY kinda Xmas presents :woohoo:
    Rhode Island

Comment

Nothing like getting a rock in your sock!!!!!!! :whistle:
      I have even given fossils as wedding gifts!
      My nephew and his new bride "new back then" kept taking it away from each other just to show it off.
      I dare say it was a gift worth giving mainly because it got the most attention!!!!!! B)
      Nice to see others who feel the need to stone someone at Christmas!!!!!!!!! :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
      Bone2stone
      It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
      It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
      Circa:1982

Comment

Shoulda got one for myself! Here is a cool link he sent me...if I can do this right,http://www.oceansofkansas.com/

Comment

Great link, Mark.  Kansas is world famous for its' marine vertebrate fossils from the Cretaceous Period near the end of the age of dinosaurs.  I like the color reconstruction they did of Tylasaurus.
          Rhode Island

Comment

Very nice gifts. I give my grandson -and- granddaughter artifacts -and- fossiles for thier birthdays or just because they are great kids. These are something I hope they will hold on to.
            Jack

Comment

Bein a prit near 55 year old kid myself...I think you're right on it!!! :woohoo:   Grandson gettin his knife...tryin to purchase neolithic beads from Jack for my daughter???, dunno bout my son, he's a different sort.  Have to think on that one. :unsure: Nice gifts, Mark.  Like yer way of thinkin.
              Pam

Comment

Mark I think we are thinking alike, I just ordered a repo dino egg for my nephew and already have a good T-rex repo skull for him but I bet the Dino poop is what he will like best. Bet he will mess with his little sister.  :laugh:

Comment

Kids love fossils! Even us older kids. :whistle:

Comment

Cool Idea Mark, not your typical present and kids gotta love those.
                    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Speaking of present Greg message me your address on the other site, this one still dont work. I picked up something for ya and lost your address.

Comment

mark...Gots a really fine Dromaeosaur Tooth from Montanas hell creek if interested still...A USA Raptor..jon

Comment

Hey Jon!!! Whats up! I will check it out. Karly and Camiel both love fossils.

Comment

Got it right here!!!...Measures right at three eighths of an inch and has little bit root on it...Pretty nice...Dromaeosaur..Usa Raptor from Hell creek Montana...
                               Attached files 

Comment

Ill throw my bids in! Thought I was gonna win your Meg tooth but.......DAMN!  :woohoo:  Them things are expensive!

Comment

Working...
                              X