No announcement yet.

Anyone collect fossilized Sharks Teeth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks jon!... for the all the good info on how to determine the size of the shark by tooth size...very very interesting!
    By the way...the tooth measures 5-3/8"

Comment

Whoa!  big shark...

Comment

My 4 impacted wisdom teeth were much like this when they cut them out of my mouth.  :laugh:

Comment

you silly!!!!!

Comment

HI jon, going to try this again with this small tooth. Hope lets me load pic.

Comment

Thats a really nice find friend.Pretty for sure and quite perfect..It is miocene from the time of the Megalodons and man!  it looks like a mako shark tooth but the curve tends me to believe its a bull shark.Very cool...

Comment

Thanks Jon for the info. im going to learn more about them. What is the ball park age of this tooth? Don't understand the terms yet but I will. Thanks!

Comment

Oh! The Miocene is like five million to 22 million years ago..it follows the pliocence which follows the pleistocene...the time of the mammoth...your tooth is millions of years old..pretty cool?

Comment

Yea mammoths and clovis points..

Comment

Very Cool! B)

Comment

Yes that is very cool! I thought old but not that old. Friend I hunt with spanky on here has some finds also try to get him to post them. Think they are pretty much same as mine, haven't seen all of his. Thanks Jon!

Comment

Working...
                        X