ID:	325238 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181012_144809.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	325239 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181012_144744.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	325240 The only fossil I ever found .,near the bank on a river I hunt in SW connecticut
    SW Connecticut

Horn Coral!?
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

Yes I think it is called rugose coral
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Nice Red. I've never seen on of those.
        Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• redrocks
          redrocks commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanx Chuck I got it home it was with my rocks covered in mud and when I washed it off I realized .. wow I got a fossil...my only one. Many people I know kick down there for years ...no one has a fossil. I like it

Very cool

Comment

Thanks Tam when I think wow that thing was alive..I'm no fossil person but it is cool
          SW Connecticut

Comment

If you found that at a known camp, a native may have transported it, perhaps from nearby New York, where such marine fossils are found. Which would be pretty cool, I have found fossils at camps that I am certain natives collected and transported. The reason I suggest that is because I don't believe that type of marine fossil occurs naturally in Ct. Another option might be glacial transport from north of you, but that seems very unlikely given its delicate nature. Correct me if I am wrong and you can establish such marine fossils are found in your part of Ct. I've collected fossils my entire life, just not aware of fossil deposits in Ct. other then the Lower Jurassic Newark Group with your well known dino prints, as well as fish and plants of the same age, which are fresh water deposits.
            Rhode Island

Comment

Appreciate the input Charlie...yes it was found near a camp as is 50 percent of my collection along the Housatonic river .. There's been a lot of greenish white chert found here and I believe the source is Coxsackie Flint mine about 120 miles from me .it's along the mighty Hudson River in upstate new York which I visited a couple times so the idea of a NA transporting it as well as all the chert and stuff is s good theory .... Thanks for your fossil expertise ...
              SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
              X