Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Tusker stuck in the mud...just like Mastodons/Mammoths in the past - article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Tusker stuck in the mud...just like Mastodons/Mammoths in the past - article

As I looked at this I imagined the same happening to mammoths and mastodons and glyptodonts and tapirs and camels here in Miocene Florida. Stuck in the mud or a sinkhole!
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Good grief...I didn't know one could get that stuck. Your right, I can just picture that being a mammoth.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

I’m glad they got him out Tom.....
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

That's a great ending, there! Thanks for sharing.
        Rhode Island

Comment

That is cool. I bet getting animals stuck in the mud, or taking advantage of those that got stuck was a hunting strategy used by many paleo people.
          Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Very nice read . I am surprised they have not cut the tusks as they do with some to keep the poachers off . But self defense in the wild . He does look like a mammoth .
            Tom I have been to the la Brea ( sp) tar pits in LA and if that isn’t the weirdest ancient left over from the past . Here are all these high rises in the middle of a city and then here are these massive tar pits fenced off with examples of what might of fallen prey to them . We walk around them like it’s a normal day but when you sit on a bench and really imagine what it looked like 13,000 plus years ago .

Comment

Working...
            X