Conclusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conclusion

Well folks, I’m whupped. I have sent pics of this thing to fossil experts etc , etc. They are as baffled as I am.I have spent far and away to much time on this, I’m not a fossil guy, I’m a artifact collector. I have looked at ancient surgery found in mummies ( Metal parts in knee ) and S American skull surgeries , dental etc. So, from what I’m told this bone is a vertebra .
    Ive examined a sugercial term, ( Gear Shift Technique for Pedicle screw Fixation ) by Dr. J.V. Modi.Of course his technique is modern. Now, I’m not even about to claim that the vertebra is human. No reasonable person will be able to do so. The bone is fossilized , and from what I understand is that, it takes at least 10,000 years for any bone to be in this state. The metal is unknown and I’m not going to have it tested although it must be as old as the bone. So in conclusion . There is no conclusion!
    I’m not even going to the old back up of Oopart. Things like this are just not good to dwell upon. It is good that it was found, and prehaps someone in the future may be able to figure it out. My advice on things like this, walk away......JJ
    Lubbock County Tx

I am clueless about this one. The best I can think of is a cow needed a hip replacement or something. Or...ALIENS.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Works for me Ethan. I about blew my gord on this, never again....

Here is an interesting theory.

The Life of a Fossil Hunter by Charles H. Sternberg: In this engrossing memoir, Charles H. Sternberg recounts his life's passion as a fossil hunter and paleontologist. From his early experiences hunting fossils to his notable discoveries and contributions to the field, Sternberg's narrative provides an intimate and informative look into the world of paleontology and the thrill of unearthing ancient life forms. Key Aspects of the Book "The Life of a Fossil Hunter": Paleontological Adventures: Sternberg's memoir chronicles his thrilling expeditions and the challenges he faced in the pursuit of fossils. Scientific Contributions: The book highlights Sternberg's significant discoveries and their impact on the understanding of prehistoric life. Personal Reflections: "The Life of a Fossil Hunter" offers insights into Sternberg's passion for paleontology and the dedication required to be a successful fossil hunter. Charles H. Sternberg was a prominent fossil collector and paleontologist born in 1850. He and his family made numerous significant fossil discoveries in North America, particularly in the region now known as Alberta, Canada. Sternberg's extensive knowledge of paleontology and his contributions to scientific research have left a lasting legacy in the field, and his memoir provides a firsthand account of his remarkable experiences and achievements.

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      No one is ruling out reptile.

Are you positive it’s a fossilized bone? It kinda looks like slag
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, lol. After a 72 hour in-depth research , I needed to laugh...

Originally posted by NJ View Post
    Im not saying its possibly reptile. Lol. But who knows....

The interesting part is where they found fossilized bone that had been replaced by iron ore.

To me it looks like iron deposits in those holes.

Makes sense if continuing water passed through over and over throughout the years.

Was the bone found near brackish or salt water?

That process could be sped up with certain types of water it may have been in.

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      The bone was found in sand dunes. There is fresh water beneath the dunes,that is why the NA people lived there, they could dig to the water level.Each and every type of vertebra that I investigated, I found no holes in the main body of any, the main body was the strength part.

Hey jj you did your best 72 hrs? ... You need to go kicking dirt man
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      I do Red... The weather is going bad again here with a front so I guess I’ll just wait...I didn’t work on it 72 hours straight, but when a person awakens at 3 a.m. chasing a idea until noon, well you know..

• Tam
      Tam commented
      Editing a comment
      Good job citizen . You put way more energy into this then I did . I gave up

We just need to close the door on this project folks, and move on ! JJ
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

It still doesn’t look like bone or fossilized bone to me either. Add the roundness of the object to it and the inclusion of iron and it starts stacking up to not be organic IMO. Plus look at how it had 4 holes thru it and the iron is imbedded in them. I’m thinking it’s some kinda slag or concretion or by product of something.

Comment

Or possibly Tufa? I dunno! Lol, I’m stumped!

Comment

Insulator/visual aid for an electric fence?

It does not have the earmark of fossil bone.
          Not a fossil. Structure is wrong for bone material.

Perminerization is highly dependent on content of substrate it was buried in.
          I have bone material 90 million years old that although fossilized the internal structure
          of the original bone is intact. SMU considers it highly unusual.
          Last edited by Bone2stone; 03-05-2019, 04:46 AM.
          It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
          It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
          Circa:1982

Comment

• Bone2stone
            Bone2stone commented
            Editing a comment
            Your "Conclusion" based on a single photo is at best a guess, sorry. Like my initial thought of it being electric splitter/stay.
            I was raised around farm & ranch so familiarity with electric fences was just a part of my bringing up.
            Put in a few myself.
            To me it looks like where lines were placed and this is a conjunction where wires met and created a zig zag line run.
            (I have been around a few years too "68")

Need more photos for a more decisive identification.
            (BTW: I have been identifying bone material for many years)
            I have a vast collection of vertebrate material and this has no distinguishing character
            other than "round" that would pinpoint it as a vertebrae or even bone.
            Paleontology is my field of interest.
            Fossilization takes many more years than 20K to fossilize.
            [Note: Fine line between definition of petrified and fossilized]

>>>>>. How did religion and or burials come into picture?
            I have run across a few burials myself.

Post some more pictures from at least from 4 sides. Outdoors if possible.
            Don't shut it down, this has my interest peeked.
            I am only trying to help.

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Editing a comment
            Look back to previous posts..There are many pics. I did not make the analysis of bone myself, (Although I know bones when I see them) I often work with Anthropologist and Archeologist at Texas Tech.If you wish it to be a electrical device so be it ! I’ve worked high voltage equipment for over 50 years on Square D , Westinghouse, Allen Bradley, Furnas, Siemens , electrical equipment components to name a few..Also I’ve done a lot of work on transformers. It is not a transformer insulator. Nor is it any insulator I’ve ever seen.Simple click on my avatar and look back to previous post to see other pictures.Also, my friend who found it is a mortician who reconstructs bodies and also cremates human bodies and crushes the bones. He know bones too ! I do hope to put this project to bed.. SMU Southern Methodist University. Burials have bones. Thanks for your interest and input.. JJ

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Editing a comment
            Or look back to page 5 of previous posts. Disruption is the title.
        Working...
        X