Human or animal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human or animal ?

My brother , cousin and , myself were headhunting a field close to home and found these. They seem to think they're human but I'm not sure. Any / all opinions are welcome and appreciated.
    Attached Files

ET in my opinion if those bones were suspected to be human I would have left them where they were found. From the pics I dont know either way but if it was that much of a thought I would have left it where it rests.
    Last edited by BabaORiley; 11-26-2019, 06:38 PM.
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

The broken 'long bone' is unlikely to be identifiable, but the others are phalanx bones (the digital bones from the foot/hand depending on the animal). Toes and fingers if you like... remembering that hoofed animals also have toe-bones. You haven't given us any indication of size or included anything in the pictures for scale, so all I could say is that they're from a sturdy mammal. Human phalanges from the hand are way more elongated than that and phalanges from the human foot are nothing like as stout as that.
      I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

It is extremely unlikely one would find human bones laying around.
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Well , I kinda agree with you BabaORiley. Had it been my call they certainly would have remained where we found them but someone else in my crew made the decision to bring them home. I was kinda hoping they were just old cow bones myself. The person who found them is getting spooked out over them ( even though they aren't even sure if they're human ,LOL) so , either way I'm pretty sure they will be returned to there rightful resting place. Thanks for your comment.

Comment

Working...
          X