No announcement yet.

Little Coal mine finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would never get any work done! I can't remember if I was in Wyoming or Montana but I got see a site where dinosaur fossils were found and bar tops were made from fossilized stones. I will have one of those bar tops one day but not sure I will let anyone use it, lol.
    South Carolina

Comment

So this is the best I could come up with for what it actually looked like. The top picture of tyre iguonadon id's what it looked like. Not saying that was it but it had a very large round heel and three toes with a long middle toe.

Comment

This is one of the best post/threads I’ve ever read. Hairs on my arms stood up!
        Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

I don't know if anyone will be into this but here is a link to an article about dinosaur fossils removed or cast from the roof of a neighboring coal mine on the other side of the mountain from me.

Comment

• painshill
            painshill commented
            Editing a comment
            Into this? Of course. It's fascinating. Obviously, Cretaceous coal deposits can be contemporary with true dinosaurs. It would then be the case that the leaf fossils you found aren't Pecopteris if they came from deposits of the same age, and better pictures would be needed for any possibility of properly assigning them.

• SDhunter
            SDhunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Very interesting

Cool post here Kaleb...thanks for sharing your finds and story.....i appreciate everyone else who has replied to this as well....cool information here
          Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

That's a very interesting article I never would have imagined a situation where dinosaur tracks would be dangerous or hazardous to humans, though I also never imagined a situation where anyone would possibly be working underneath them.

Comment

• Cecilia
              Cecilia commented
              Editing a comment
              Thinking of upside-down dinosaurs belonging to the feet making the tracks.... 🤔

So why are the tracks on the roof? You would think they would be on the floor. I'd like to find one.
            NW Georgia,

Comment

They would walk on a swap full of organic material which turned into the coal were mining and silt would fill them in. At least I think don't quote me on that.

Comment

After what Painshill added to this post with his knowledge that is one very unique piece and you were fortunate to recognize it and own it .

Comment

Working...
                X