Drilled Bear Tooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drilled Bear Tooth

Bear tooth that I unearthed. I had to add more glue to the Gomer mix to preserve it, as the enamel was flaking off when it was cleaned up. Thats why it so glossy..........
    Attached Files

What kind of glue did you add to the acetone? It should not have come out shiny with Duco...
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

• sarahsue
      sarahsue commented
      Editing a comment
      It was Duco.......I put twice as much glue in the mix. This tooth was in terrible shape when it was pulled from the ground. When the enamel is falling off right after a mild rinse to clean. The normal mix will not work.....time for more coffee.

Gomer, have not heard about him in awhile. He put a tip on a Rex side hollowed for me a long time ago... Is he still working ? He did great work on restorations...
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Hoss
      Hoss commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes he is still working and his son Teben is working with him now. I have never had any work done by them . Work I have seen makes me feel they are the best in the business. I have a rose quartz lamp with baby buddhas crawling all over it some of the buddhas are missing body parts I have been thinking of having it restored by them. It is 1920's vintage. Let me know if you need his contact info.

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s been so long since I spoke with him.. I’ll prolly not do any more restorations but I just wondered if he were well.. He is a true artist. I’ll wager he could do a great job on the lamp !

Gomer's Lithic Art Restoration, Green Cove Springs, Florida. 1,899 likes · 2 were here. Lithic Art Restoration "Let Dr.Gomer Mend Your Broken Points" Home Of The Ultraviolet Enhancement

They are on Facebook
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks.. I’ll have wife look them up on her acct. This site is the only place that I interact with people. Like minded people... !

I have treated all my bone and antler artifacts with the Gomer solution to preserve them. Another artifact that had the tip fractured and fell off when I discovered it. I mixed a heavy solution of duco glue with acetone to glue the tip back on.....after I soaked the entire piece in the regular solution. then wiped off the broken joint with acetone......
    Attached Files

Comment

sometimes I switch to elmers to get a really airtight seal on a very deteriorated artifact...don’t use it to glue pottery if you live in a high humidity area it will probably fall apart....my stuff was done40 years ago and still looks like the day I did it
      Floridaboy.

Comment

Working...
      X