Dinosaur Fossils USA Versus Morocco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinosaur Fossils USA Versus Morocco

Heres two Vertebrae from the same creature Dromaeosaurus..A large raptor..The one on the left is USA the one on the right is Morocco..Morocco africa fossils are so beautiful.Why do they come at a fraction of a price as USA...? ..Theropods seem to be the most desired dinosaur fossils..

Very nice fossils.  Thanks for showing.  Morocco is amazing for at least 3 catagories of collectables: Fossils, meteorites, and Sahara artifacts.  The fossil market developed there first. To this day one must be careful where their fossils are concerned.  This is because, amazingly, despite the dizzying wealth of genuine fossil deposits, they actually have factories where they manufacture fake fossils!! I kid you not, they do this despite the fact it only undermines confidence in their fossil market.  They're really good at faking trilobite fossils.  The "meteorite rush" in Morocco has been thriving since the 90's.  The nomads find them and bring them to meteorite middle men in the town of Erfoud.
    Meteorite hunters and dealers from the West travel to Erfoud for the goods.  That's where the fossil markets are as well.  The nomads started picking up arrowheads while they were meteorite hunting and now there's a pretty good market for Neolithic arrowheads which they find in both Morocco and Algeria. Dino fossils are cool. I have a few dino teeth from the US and a few dino eggs from China.
    Rhode Island

Comment

Isnt it the Matrix pieces that are often faked?...Not the fossils istelf's..Theres ingenius ways to make those Matrix pieces with the jaws and teeth?..Havent heard of them actually making the fossils?..The beauty of moroccos fossils are exquisite,but the rarity of Usa fossils is greater?..Good info..This vert from Morocco came staight from one of those dealers at the arizona show where they come every year...And brings much..

Comment

Pullenrock wrote:

Isnt it the Matrix pieces that are often faked?...Not the fossils istelf's..Theres ingenius ways to make those Matrix pieces with the jaws and teeth?..Havent heard of them actually making the fossils?..The beauty of moroccos fossils are exquisite,but the rarity of Usa fossils is greater?..Good info..This vert from Morocco came staight from one of those dealers at the arizona show where they come every year...And brings much..
          Yeah, I think you're absolutely right where the relative rarity is concerned, which affects price.  Yes, often certain fossils are placed on the matrix, alone, or as composite pieces with other fossils.  In the case of trilobites, they took to making both the matrix and the fossil itself.  And for that matter, I am only aware of them doing this with trilobite fossils, not the many other types of fossil critters from there.  So I should clarify that.  You're lucky to see the Tucson shows.  I've been to Az. but never those shows.  I know you can spend a good week and not see everything.
        Rhode Island

Comment

Thankyou for responding on a tough subject..You ever make it to that show?...Brings lots of money cause youll go crazy.Your knowledge has been helpful..Glad to meet you..

Comment

Working...
          X