Is this petrified wood??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this petrified wood??

Hello. Another rock from a big pile of rocks I recently picked up. It's about 1 foot long and 7" in diameter. Anyone know if this is petrified wood?? This was given to me. I picked it up in Bakersfield CA. My uncles friend passed away and he had tons of items/stuff. I loaded my truck up with a bunch of rocks etc. Nobody wanted them. My uncles friend traveled all over the USA digging and hunting artifacts. I have no idea where this was found.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bellworx; 12-20-2020, 11:52 PM.

More pics
    Attached Files

Comment

It looks like it to me. Neat find!
      South Carolina

Comment

It sure is. Where did you find it? (helps everyone if you put your location into your profile).
        I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Yep! That's the old rockwood alright. Nice piece if I may say so. Kim
          Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Yupp, nice find.
            Floridaboy.

Comment

Painshill - My profile says So-Cal (Southern California) thanks. Thanks for the info everyone. It looked suspect but I had no idea. I may possibly have more. I loaded a lot of rocks up.

Comment

Lots of petrified wood in S. CA and eastward through the desert SW. very nice!
                Child of the tides

Comment

Working...
                X