Some Dinosaur teeth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Dinosaur teeth.

Some of the Dinosaur teeth we picked up over the years.
    Attached Files

Nice collection! Those are cool. Did you find any of these?
    Last edited by redrocks; 02-23-2021, 12:59 PM.
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Nice collection. I like the serrated edge.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Wow, that's not something I see everyday. Thanks for sharing.
        South Carolina

Comment

Interesting so is the black one restored? And what part of the country did these come from?
          NW Georgia,

Comment

Are these personal finds?
            Child of the tides

Comment

I am completely ignorant about finding these. I do have some fossilized sharks’ teeth from Edisto Island (but everybody who’s ever been there does), a fossilized cervid molar, and some fossilized Dino-Do, gifted knapping-coprolite courtesy OldRocks, but you first person ever even heard of who has Dino Dentals. How know what they are?…I mean, I can see they’re big, but figure Smilodon’s are, too. I will read, and try to catch up!
              Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• redrocks
                redrocks commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey C. Do u call these choppers?

• Cecilia
                Cecilia commented
                Editing a comment
                Chompers !

Personal finds from our Western states, or Canada? If so, wow. Tyrannosaurus on the biggest ones?
              Rhode Island

Comment

Really cool. The better to bite you with for sure.
                SE IA

Comment

Originally posted by redrocks View Post
                  Nice collection! Those are cool. Did you find any of these?
                  Of course we found them. Red Deer river badlands, Alberta, Canada. All from Tyrannosaurs of various types. (Although I think there might be a Troodon tooth as well.) I think the largest was identified as likely being from a Daspletosaurus. Here is a picture out the window at my old place (My uncle's old ranch, where my son and his family now live...about an hour drive from the badlands) with a large (unidentified) dinosaur femur. My son found it, along with a tooth marked ilium and that big black Daspletosaurus tooth...all together.

Last edited by waterwolf; 02-26-2021, 05:17 AM.

Comment

• redrocks
                    redrocks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey thanks for answering Wolf...the reason I asked is because I have only held a cave bear tooth. A purchase by my friend.. ...and he only dreamed. of even buying a T Rex tooth. and to me seeing your collection that you personally found is really cool ...... good on you ! Nice pic ofthe femur..and red deer too!!!

Yeah, figured they were Tyrannisaurids of some kind, and would have to be personal finds. Just a question of whether the Western states, or Canada. Thanks for sharing those and filling in the details.
                  Rhode Island

Comment

Pretty awesome collection. Thanks for sharing them.
                    South Dakota

Comment

These are some Upper Cretaceous dinosaur vertebrae exposed in an ironstone matrix. Ironstone is very hard sedimentary rock that occurs in layers within the bentonite clay. When the museums find dinosaur bones in ironstone they usually just leave them. Its that hard.

Last edited by waterwolf; 02-26-2021, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Extremely cool! I like to leave most of the ones I find in the matrix so the verts are awesome.

Comment

Thanks for sharing .
                          I have always wanted to go out and do this . It’s got to be On my bucket list .
                          I do have a friend that was in Montana and you paid $250 to do this and then give them what you find .
                          aghh looks like I need to do my research and hook up with a group .

Really nice and appreciate this share .

Comment

Working...
                          X