“You Guys Got Dinosaurs”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “You Guys Got Dinosaurs”

One does not usually think Missouri when one thinks of dinosaurs in North America. Not now…

https://fox2now.com/news/skeleton-of...d-in-missouri/
    Rhode Island

Can’t wait to see what else is discovered from that site. Seems someone knew 50 years ago that the site was significant.
    South Carolina

Comment

Just when I mastered North American Artifacts from MO. Know I have to spend another 6 months being a dinosaur expert. 🦕
      All kidding aside we do have masterdon state park right down the road off hwy 55. I'm not sure of the time frame from dinosaur to masterdon though
      Missouri

Comment

• SGT.Digger
        SGT.Digger commented
        Editing a comment
        They were all washed into piles at the same time during the biblical flood but mastodon obviously had a much better survival rate after they left the ark in turkey and quickly spread throughout Eurasia and the Americas until they ran into the pointy end of a spear from this first people’s dispersed after the Tower of Babel incident. At least that’s my understanding

Originally posted by outlaws15 View Post
      Just when I mastered North American Artifacts from MO. Know I have to spend another 6 months being a dinosaur expert. 🦕
      All kidding aside we do have masterdon state park right down the road off hwy 55. I'm not sure of the time frame from dinosaur to masterdon though
      That’s a lot more than we have in RI! Seriously, humans coexisted with the mastodon (including our North American Paleo hunters), and other Pleistocene mammals, but most dinosaurs died out about 65 million years ago. An asteroid impact, and the nuclear winter it precipitated, remains the most popular reason offered for their extinction, and that of many other life forms.

But, I said most dinosaurs died out. We still have some living dinosaurs today. And they are very common. Birds. Birds are avian dinosaurs. They are the one branch of dinosaurs that survived the Cretaceous extinction event. The non-avian dinosaurs all went extinct.

Rhode Island

Comment

Well crap. I found a large fossil bone while creek hunting in MO and it was huge, about 14 in long showing and 7 in in diamter. It was in rock and always wondered what it was. I think now it might of been a dinosaur femer piece if they are finding dinos in MO. Will never know but wonder.
        SE IA

Comment

Working...
        X