A couple of DFW Tx Ammonites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of DFW Tx Ammonites

I just so happen to have a few pics of ammonites on my work computer and thought I would post them here.
    I have posted them elsewhere on the net but considering I'm new here you guys have not seen them as of yet.
    I got lots more Pennsylvanian through pleistocene.
    bone2stone
    Calycoceras Tarrentense
    (Acanthoceras Wintoni)
    Dallas Co. Tex
    Woodbine formation
    Mid Cret.

Oxytropidoceras sp.
    Tarrent Co. Tex.
    Goodland Formation
    Lower Cret.

It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
    It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
    Circa:1982

Those are very cool. Thanks for showing them. We have been in Quartzite Arizona the past few winters and they have a huge rock show in the winter there. Have seen these and other fossels for sale there but never really looked at them close. That show has rocks from all over the world and is fun to walk around and look at all the things. Never got anything as we travel and it would be hard to carry some of those things around with us. Have seen artifacts there that I was sure were new for sale as old. Lots of crooks and they will tell you anything to free your dollars up. But it is still interesting. I do pick up rocks in our travels and the wife sometimes will come across something she wants so we usually have a full load of rock just from our exploring trips. :laugh:

Comment

I have been wholesale supplying the Calycoceras to distributors for about 25 years.
      I am aware that a goodly supply of them have gone to Quartzite and scattered all over the world. I sold a quantity of 1000 to some gentlemen from Japan back in the 90's.
      CASH talks loudly!
      I have had one thief to take and not pay.
      I won't mention any names but I can tell you this, he is the only person ever to be banned from Fossilmania and the only person to be booted out of the Austin Paleo Group.
      BTW: They are not just "Rocks" (This Quote applys to any "Stone")
      "If you pick it up, take it home and keep it it, by default it becomes a SPECIMEN".
      Bone2stone
      It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
      It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
      Circa:1982

Comment

That is Good Bone2stone. I have a whole lot of specimens. We have a garden full of Pet. Wood and agate along with just cool color specimens. Never looked at them quite that way but are right when you pick them up they do become more than a rock. What I love is when the Indian people picked up a rock and made it into something else also. Take care and don't over load your back. I broke my leg one time carring out pt.wood in a back pack.Way more than I should have been carrying and it took several months to heal up.

Comment

Working...
        X