Paleocene (56 mya) Creek Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paleocene (56 mya) Creek Finds

For me, the only feeling of excitement that equals spotting a nice point showing out of the dirt, is to spot a decent fossil sticking out of the strata.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	OtodusInSitu.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	355.6 KB
ID:	624763

Saw this nice Otodus obliquus while walking a small fossiliferous creek that my son had found. Since it was "his creek" I waited for him to catch up and pop it, so that he could keep it.

Name:	Handfull.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	624764
    Ended up with this handful of teeth, unusual in that the Otodus teeth out numberred the more common sandtigers, from surface collecting. Also got a chunk of softshell turtle and some crocodile turds, and a bucket full of screenings to pick through at home.
    Coastal Plain of Maryland

Huntin with your son ..Precious...Teeth for a bonus, exciting ...Sharing with others..My, my..Don’t get no better than that πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

nice teeth Mondo..
    Floridaboy.

Comment

That has to be a fun creek to hunt.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I agree, finding decent sized sharks teeth is a similar rush to finding a nice point.
        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Thanks guys.

It is indeed nice to have an offspring that enjoys exploring creeks and new lands as much as my wife and I do.

Name:	PaleoceneCreek.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	268.5 KB
ID:	624784
          And the creek is nice in that it doesn't have the trash that most local suburban creeks do. And the whole bottom of it cuts through the formation too, besides the sidewalls. Pic is from later in Spring.
          Coastal Plain of Maryland

Comment

Working...
          X