Mastodon Migration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastodon Migration

Last edited by CMD; 06-13-2022, 08:50 PM.
    Rhode Island

The travels and travails of Fred the mastodon….

Fred was killed on an Ice Age mating ground. Scientists now know quite a bit about the animal's life and travels.
    Rhode Island

Comment

That's a cool article CMD thanks for posting it. I remember when they uncovered and donated the find.

I went to elementary school with the grandkids of the family that found that old guy, they own a peat moss business. The family that owns the other big peat moss operation across the road found a moose skeleton from the same time frame.

I've hunted lots of farms in the area, the peat moss ones are usually pretty poor hunting. Everything is way too deep to the plow to uncover anything. The archaic sites are on the slightly sandy ridges in between the old peat bogs. (They are old swampy "lakes" that cover a couple hundred acres, divided by dry islands of soil, and then another "lake".)
      Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• Mattern
        Mattern commented
        Editing a comment
        That is outstanding that you have a connection to "FRED" clovis. K

Good stuff CMD. I'm presently reading the Pennsylvania Fluted Point Survey by Fogelman and Lantz. Lots of great information in it. If either of you get the chance to pick one up you will really enjoy the work they did. Kim
      Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

• CMD
        CMD commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Kim. Yes, Fogelman had/has a heck of a fluted point collection from Pa. I enjoyed getting Indian Artifact Magazine for years.

Gary and I have been good friends ever since he started I.A.M. I've seen his collections many times, most spectacular indeed. We live about 25 miles from each other.
      Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Working...
      X