Preserved Baby Mammoth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preserved Baby Mammoth

A whole baby woolly mammoth has been found frozen in the permafrost of north-western Canada - the first such discovery in North America.

A whole baby woolly mammoth is dug up at a Yukon gold mine - a first for North America.

Click image for larger version

Name:	723D70AB-55EE-4DFA-9E9F-5FB742146B34.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	642691

Rhode Island

Little baby elephant cool

Comment

Yum jerkey 😆
      New Jersey

Comment

Wow. I can’t imagine all that is preserved under the Earth’s permafrost.
        South Carolina

Comment

I can't help but think that it's a matter of time until a mammoth is cloned from finds like this. Will it be a 'Back To The Future', or a 'Brave New (and cruel) World' scenario though?

With $15 million in private funding, Colossal aims to bring thousands of woolly mammoths back to Siberia. Some scientists are deeply skeptical that will happen.
          If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

• Josie
            Josie commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve thought the same

DNA should be well preserved in that one

Comment

They found a Otis like mummy in Canada a few years ago 1999 I do believe !!! He was reintered a no photographs were taken out of respect. Beloved to be from the 1700s to 1850s they traced his DNA back to living family members in the region !!!
            Last edited by Bullheadtee; 06-28-2022, 03:27 PM.
            New Jersey

Comment

Poor little guy or gal. But his dna may live on.
              SE IA

Comment

Working...
              X