Index Fossils of North America & Treatise of Invertebrate Paleontology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Index Fossils of North America & Treatise of Invertebrate Paleontology

I bought a a new copy of Index Fossils of North America when I was 17 years old for $20. A lot of money when making $1.15 an hour on weekends in 1968. I still have it and there are 837 pages in my 1968 edition. Identifies most any invertebrate common fossil you are likely to find. At least you have an idea of what you found and then can get more detailed information from the Next more intensive volumes the Treatise on Invertebrate Paleontology.

The next was buying copies of Treatise on Invertebrate Paleontology. You buy the volume that has the kind of fossils you like to collect. Trilobite? (O) Arthropoda 1 is 560 pages of the common trilobites that you are most likely going to find. My set is now 42 volumes.

Both of these titles can be found used on the Internet today. Best source is www.abebooks.com. This also is a good source for Archaeology, Paleontology, Rocks, Minerals, Gemstones, Agates, etc.

The most used for me for years was Index Fossils of North America... my first volume. Now I have several thousand from all subjects... even Archaeology. Many used copies are a fraction of the original prices as most people do not know or care about fossils or artifacts. This is good for you. Once you get started... it is hard to stop.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SevenOut; 02-03-2023, 11:03 AM. Reason: Added last scan from Part 0, Arthopoda 1- Trilobita (great for trilobite collectors)

πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ‘πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

Working...
    X