• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any thoughts on this thing?

Click image for larger version

Name:	oddball utensil.JPG
Views:	618
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	409450 I was dropping off some donations yesterday at the local Goodwill store. I looked down and this was right next to my tire. Its about the size of a sugar spoon. It has an engraving that reads CGH Hallberg. I googled it and they are goldsmith and jewelers from Sweden. I dont think it has any value but the odd shape has me puzzled as to what its use is/was. Plus I liked the duck design on the handle.
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

That's pretty neat Frank, looks like a hoe for food lol. Wich now that I'm thinking about it is not a bad idea, I can think about all the time I spend chasing food around my plate with my fork or spoon. If I had one of those nothing would escape my belly! Lol

I sent you a PM.
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• BabaORiley
      BabaORiley commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Josh. Yes the food hoe is an interesting thought lol. I will check my pm.

Cool Frank....it's a food pusher ...and having the duck on it. ...it's a baby food pusher ...nice parking lot find.....
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• BabaORiley
      BabaORiley commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I'm glad I didn't find it in my tire as it was lying blade side up literally 6" from the tire...thanks for the answer. I had no clue what it was for.
      Last edited by BabaORiley; 12-14-2019, 12:36 PM.

It's what's known as a "baby-food pusher" (sometimes also called a "porridge pusher") used to divert pureed food onto a spoon for feeding little ones. It would have been part of a set that included a matching baby-spoon and possibly other items too. Hence the child-oriented duck embellishment.
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

• BabaORiley
      BabaORiley commented
      Editing a comment
      Pains I figured you would know just what it was...thanks mate !!!

Hey thanks guys. That makes total sense. I think I'll keep it and if ever I am referred to as "Grandpa" I will pass it along to the daughter needing a baby food pusher. Lol thanks again fellas...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

That’s a cool find!
      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Very cool indeed

Comment

• redrocks
          redrocks commented
          Editing a comment
          I need an adult food pusher Tonite .my sis made lasagna
      Working...
      X