Egyptian Artifacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egyptian Artifacts

I'm new here, and I've recently started collecting Egyptian artifacts. These were my first purchases, small faience (pre-glass) beads that probably adorned some clothing. My husband got me this shadow box for Valentine's day, and this is my first attempt at making a display case. The beads on the top date to around 1100 BCE (Ramesside period), and the beads at the bottom are 18th Dynasty. These came with the cards you see, verifying they were from the private collection of Barclay South.

Welcome.. All your pictures must not have made it. Not seeing any beads.
    keep on keepin after

Comment

Welcome to the site. I'm interested in seeing some of your artifacts. Your post only has one photo that I can see at this time. It is of some document but it is a bit blurry and cannot be read.
      New York

Comment

I suggest taking the photos of items up close with good focus so we can tell what they are. Taking photos through glass can be an issue with the glare from your camera flash so you might try taking them in a well lit area with the flash off. I find natural lighting to be the best.
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

I can see the beads, 2 rows, to the right of the documents. But, as noted, cannot see them, or the docs, well. If you can take the glass cover off, as Josh recommended, and try to get a closeup in bright natural light.
          Rhode Island

Comment

Yeah, I've got to practice a little bit, and learn how to resize pics with better resolution. If we ever get a good, sunny day (never), I'll take some with my regular camera. This is how the beads came to me.

Comment

Think I would also like to try red cloth on the back instead of black. Or maybe blue, since that color was sacred to the Egyptians. How do you get cloth to stick to Styrofoam? Hot glue?

Comment

This is exciting stuff!
                Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

I think so, too. I'm an author and I'm writing a series of historical romance set in ancient Egypt. In my research, I've just become more and more fascinated by their history. My avatar picture is one of my other artifacts.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Would love to see some better and bigger pictures of your beads and also of the shabti in your avatar.
                    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Originally posted by Naddya819 View Post
                      I think so, too. I'm an author and I'm writing a series of historical romance set in ancient Egypt. In my research, I've just become more and more fascinated by their history. My avatar picture is one of my other artifacts.
                      I’ve seen around a dozen lectures/documentaries from Dr. Francois du Plessis I think I watched 2 on Egypt and he really brings out some great history referenced in the Bible. If your wanting to learn some stuff about Egyptian/Middle East history I would recommend him Francois du Plessis

Comment

Working...
                      X