Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burkina faso, making a large clay water vessel video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burkina faso, making a large clay water vessel video.

I’m just going to say, weather you’re interested in pottery or not, just from an anthropology or entertaining viewpoint, watch this 10 minute video about a non coiling method of making a jar...Note the bell shaped pestle, and other tools...For10 minutes you will be in his village.....My apologies , you’ll have to google it....P.S., Every culture has there own way..
    Floridaboy.

Hal, you know I’m to lazy to do a search ...
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Hal Gorges
      Hal Gorges commented
      Editing a comment
      What’s this !...you’re too lazy to type 7 words,I can’t believe it, I just can’t believe it..lol...I’m right behind ya.

Rhode Island

Comment

That's very cool.

I've posted this before, but a lot of groups in the Caribbean & Northern South America made really big urns like these. I'd bet they were made in a similar fashion.

Here is one of the rare ones that came out of the ground complete. Most of them aren't fired well enough to really make the transition from dried clay to pottery/ceramic. (Toss in farming, tree roots, erosion, earthquakes, and they come out in a very complex jigsaw puzzle with crumbly edges.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	470635
      Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• Hal Gorges
        Hal Gorges commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah,you’re probably right, wherever they lived they found the clays,,,that’s a beaut, great symmetry...Really appreciate you showing it again...

Amazing work, beats tupperware.
      SE IA

Comment

Working...
      X