Arrow from Peru

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow from Peru

Here is an arrow from the Peruvian jungle. The arrow head is bamboo, with a palm wood foreshaft and an arrow shaft made from a reed that grew near swamps. Fletched with a macaw feather and possibly a vulture. The whipping is all hand spun cotton.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200918_220051295.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	495369
    Here is an arrow from the Peruvian jungle. The arrow head is bamboo, with a palm wood foreshaft and an arrow shaft made from a reed that grew near swamps. Fletched with a macaw feather and possibly a vulcher. The whipping is all hand spun cotton.
    Last edited by Narrow Way Knapper; 10-11-2020, 07:52 PM.
    South Carolina

Beautiful, looks like they were planning on using it more than inclement...that’s a long arrow... do they also use darts,?..
    Floridaboy.

Comment

There's a group called the Matsés (means cat people, because they stick sharp pieces of bamboo in their cheeks that look like whiskers) they use long black palm wood spears to hunt wild pigs. They also use very long bows.
      South Carolina

Comment

Try using either the camera option to upload thumbnails, which can then be enlarged, or the “upload attachments” method for photos. Since Ron Kelly mentioned a security warning results on your links, I’m reluctant to look. If you put photos on your phone, tablet, or computer, either of the photo tools I mentioned will work fine for you.
        Rhode Island

Comment

Yah I can't get the Picture. Kim
          Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Sorry about that, I think I fixed it.
            South Carolina

Comment

And another one of the bamboo point.
              South Carolina

Comment

Super job making that. I would hate shooting at a monkey up a tree and miss, lost arrow.
                SE IA

Comment

Fascinating. Neat workmanship and cool to see the bamboo tip.
                  California

Comment

Working...
                  X