Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The more I looked at the image, the crazier I went...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The more I looked at the image, the crazier I went...

One of my very good friends who taught me 50% of what I know about pottery sent me this. It’s from Archaeology magazine, and here’s a link thing...
    archaeology.org/news/5338-170228-belize-jade-pendant

the jade pendent is awesome, but not what caught my eye at first...the pottery is beautiful and drew my attention....but I kept looking at the pic like a “where’s Waldo” image.

check out the piece UNDER the jade pendent....😮😮😳

and then, check out the designs on the pendent.😮😬🙌🏽😳
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Is that an eccentric lithic, or is it made of metal?
    South Carolina

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      Pretty sure it’s a lithic....

Interesting how the pendant has small holes drilled around the outer perimeter. I wonder if they were used to attach the pendant to something permanently
    New York

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      I can’t imagine how tiny the drill was...

• clovisoid
      clovisoid commented
      Editing a comment
      The drill was probably a small twig or bone and sand.

Ancient bottle opener looks like

Comment

Nice, that piece under the jade pendant is a chert "scepter", good eye for spotting it.
      Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• Jethro355
        Jethro355 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ll have to read up on that. It looks like a cross between a tuning fork and a bottle opener. I would stroke out if I found that....

I was lookin at the eccentric and got distracted by the ole boys tooth they left behind, looks like it’s worn down flat , cool find.
      Floridaboy.

Comment

• Jethro355
        Jethro355 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m guessing that’s a bicuspid?
        Looks pretty used up. Whoever this was likely was an important person, and I guess fairly old??

Jethro years ago the National Geographic posted several Eccentric blades either Inca or aztec. I have the issue but don't know where. They are the most amazing lithic art I've ever seen. I'll see if I can find the picts. Great post. Kim
      Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattern View Post
        Jethro years ago the National Geographic posted several Eccentric blades either Inca or aztec. I have the issue but don't know where. They are the most amazing lithic art I've ever seen. I'll see if I can find the picts. Great post. Kim
        Here is a link to the Nat Geo photographer who didthe post.
        Last edited by Mattern; 03-17-2021, 07:45 PM. Reason: Addition
        Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

I found this on a friend of mine’s Facebook page, I think he took the photo at a museum in OK city, it’s a Mayan or Incan display, I can’t remember....
          Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Working...
          X