Pre Columbian Effigies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Columbian Effigies.

So I've been cleaning out my basement. Under the stairs are boxes of Artifacts I haven't seen well over 20 years. Finding some great things to post. Pictured here are some Pre-Columbian Effigies that I bought at Conestoga Auction Lancaster Co. 30 years ago or more. Many times at Pa. auctions when these things come to the block, no one realizes what they are and they sell for next to nothing. I remember buying them as a box lot for $12.50. Unbelievable! I' am sorry the ladies are nude, but I post them anyway. Sorry if they offend anyone. They are fair examples of the things made by Pre-Columbian Natives and should be seen by Artifact collectors. I have no information of country of origin nor tribal association. Enjoy Kim

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3037.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	541659

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3038.JPG
Views:	292
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	541660Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3039.JPG
Views:	284
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	541661Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3040.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	541662
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

[QUOTE=Mattern;n541658] I can try to get better individual Close ups if anyone is interested.

Comment

Cool little people..Get out the Duco and glue some of them heads on them bodies, I’m offended they’re headless, Lol.
      Floridaboy.

Comment

• Mattern
        Mattern commented
        Editing a comment
        I could Hal but I don't think they'll match up very well. Thanks for looking.

Good stuff! I have a fellow collector here who's father was stationed in Panama back in the day. He has a couple of boxes of pieces like this. Fun to look through and see all the different types etc.
      Last edited by gregszybala; 03-19-2021, 03:14 PM.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Mattern
        Mattern commented
        Editing a comment
        Please get Picts and show some. I'd love to see some of them.

Excellent
      🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

• Mattern
        Mattern commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Ant. Not in the best shape but well worth a post!

• antmike915
        antmike915 commented
        Editing a comment
        Definitely Kim

No offense to me I like ladies lol. Nice picks
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• Mattern
        Mattern commented
        Editing a comment
        Well thank you Glen I always appreciate your response.

If you hadn't pointed out they were nude, I wouldn't have known. No offense here.

My uncle brought some similar stuff back from abroad. He lived in North Western Africa for the better part of 20 years. Always interesting to see.
      Western Kentucky

Comment

Very cool stuff.

A couple of the faces look like Tlatilco figures, and they are actually called Pretty Ladies. But all of them are probably from Central Mexico. Older than Aztec that the Spanish encountered.

Tlatilco is a huge archaeological site outside of Mexico City built on a large deposit of that type of clay. It's mostly brick factories now, people still using the same clay.
        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• Mattern
          Mattern commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for the information Clovis. I had thought them from Mexico just couldn't be sure.

Cool post Kim!
        SW Connecticut

Comment

Thank you my friend.

Comment

Working...
          X