No announcement yet.

Yagua Blow Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hearing all this monkey meat talk reminded me of that scene in Temple of Doom where those people were eating Monkey Brains, Beatles ect... As a child I was highly disturbed by that. I saw that movie again a few years back and fast forward through that part and if I ever see it again I'll do the same.
    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

• Narrow Way Knapper
      Narrow Way Knapper commented
      Editing a comment
      I find it interesting what different cultures find acceptable or repulsive when it comes to food. A friend of mine said that he enjoyed eating dog meat when he was living in the philippines. I think if you get hungry enough, your palate changes.

I was visiting my Ashanika friends one time and they had a pot sitting in an open fire. I walked over and lifted the lid and there were a bunch of fish heads staring back at me. I put the lid back and told them that I had just eaten and was quite full. They had a good laugh about that.
      Last edited by Narrow Way Knapper; 04-29-2021, 07:16 AM.

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would've done the same thing

Yes that is not something you see every day . Great artifact . The meat eater ( Netflix ) actually has a segment on going down into an area and the blow guns . More about fishing but the locals did get a monkey and it shows the preparation.
    He said he found it a bit hard to eat a primate but all in on these shows . Worth watching .

Comment

That’s an awesome piece and a great story!!
      North Carolina

Comment

Again great

Comment

Working...
        X