South Arabia - North Yemen Arrowheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Arabia - North Yemen Arrowheads

Thanks for the add to the group. I worked in the desert wadi areas close to Marib during the 1980s, in the oil exploration industry. Attached is a photo of a small selection of what I found during walks through the desert. I recently dug them out after 30+ years and am back wondering what their history is. I have found limited information searching the web. I was hoping someone on here could help.

Nice collection
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Very nice! Roger, aka painshill, may be able to provide info for you. Hopefully he’ll see the thread. I don’t know enough about the subject. Similar points, Neolithic in age, make it to the collectors market from Northwest Africa in recent decades. A quick search points to Neolithic in the case of your finds as well, but hopefully you’ll get better feedback soon.
      Rhode Island

Comment

Those are quite cool. Amazing how the lack of farming/plowing results in fewer broken relics!

You can google Saudi Neolithic and see more about the people that made those.
        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Hi Glenn and welcome to arrowheads,com

I'll try and put some background information together on those in the next couple of days. It's early morning here at the moment and I'm out most of tomorrow,

That's a really good selection you have there.
          I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

• Glenn Harris
            Glenn Harris commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Roger, I look forward to learning about them and participating in these forums.

I have added photos now of everything that I have from my search. It includes chunks of tourmaline, some look like they've been worked. I understand this was used to make jewelry.
          Last edited by Glenn Harris; 08-29-2021, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Sorry, one last set.

Comment

Thanks for the additional pics and sorry for the delay in replying. My brother had a massive heart attack over the weekend so life has been a bit disrupted. I had my laptop with me, but not access to my library and archives. All is as well as can be expected now after removal of two large blood-clots and insertion of a couple of stents, so just beginning to get back to something resembling 'normal' and I'll make a proper reply when I can.
              I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

• CMD
                CMD commented
                Editing a comment
                Hope you brother makes a full recovery, Roger.

• Tam
                Tam commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry to hear that Roger .

• Mattern
                Mattern commented
                Editing a comment
                You, your brother and family are in my prayers painshill. I pray for the best outcome. Kim

No problem Roger, family should always come first. Take care of him.

Comment

Great collection . I was reading about the humid period in the Sahara desert . It did mention Yemen .
                Just goggle the humid period in the Sahara . It will give you some insight till Roger can elaborate on what you have .
                I could be wrong and it could have nothing I to do with what you have but if you didn’t know about it you will find it interesting .
                It was lush and animals along with humans flourished .

Comment

• Glenn Harris
                  Glenn Harris commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you Tam, I will certainly follow up on your lead.

mighty fine collection
                Wyoming

Comment

Some of those are definitely Neolithic Glen. Nice show, Thanks, Kim
                  Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

That’s a phenomenal collection. I spent some in Qatar, Kuwait, and Iraq— no time to hunt but really wanted to. Thanks for sharing. I like the turquois.
                    North Carolina

Comment

Those are so dang nice it's almost lithic art.
                      SE IA

Comment

Working...
                      X