Bottom part of finely made arrow head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom part of finely made arrow head

Grid walked the settlement site I found a few months ago but went back to see if the rain since has cleared any more flint and found this bottom two thirds of an arrow head, pictured here with a previous complete one from the same sight. Guess I better give the field another walk over in the next few weeks see what else the rain might have cleared away! Complete one is about 4cm to give an idea of size.
    Attached Files

Very nice it appears you are on a site where there are early neolithic period leaf shaped points . From what I have read they are less common in the middle neolithic and rare in the late neolithic. That looks like a quality lithic material too. Congratulations on the finds. Thanks for sharing the images with us.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Thank you for showing us your finds. It is not often that we get to see points from The United Kingdom. That is a beautiful lithic they are made of and identical as to their type. Is it a field where crops are raised? What is the approximate size of the site where the points were found? Just curious.

Comment

Thanks for sharing . I think that field should produce more points. Nice lithics ​​​​​
        South Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by sailorjoe View Post
          Thank you for showing us your finds. It is not often that we get to see points from The United Kingdom. That is a beautiful lithic they are made of and identical as to their type. Is it a field where crops are raised? What is the approximate size of the site where the points were found? Just curious.
          Yes crops are grown on the field, the main field which is ploughed is 0.74 x 0.41km I find pieces generally all over the field area but have areas in the field where finds are a bit more dense. After the legnth of this field there is another field which has always been grass but then there is another field next to that which was ploughed up until about 5 years ago but is now grass which is where I found the complete arrow head shown here. This new one was found on the main field about 0.4km away. I have 3 other complete arrow heads and 2 mostly complete also from the main field. This makes the settlement possibly a total of 1.1km long.

Comment

• sailorjoe
            sailorjoe commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for your response to my curiosity.

Like Joe said it s a treat to see an example from that location and era .

Comment

Working...
          X