Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inuit seal oil lamp (with pic)

Hi all,
    I have an inuit seal oil lamp I found about 20 years ago on the aleutian islands in Alaska, I've decided it's been collecting dust long enough and am considering selling it. What I'm trying to find out is if there is, in your opinion, interest in this artifact and if so a ballpark figure of what it is worth. It measures approximately 7"L x 6"W x 3" H.It is quite an interesting piece, and I haven't seen many of them out there.
    Any assistance is appreciated

Hello William, fine name by the way! If I were you being from your location I would try to get hold a user by the name of Wildhorse, he is from your neck of the woods and could probably help you with the info you are looking for. That is beyond my scope of knowledge, but indeed I will follow what you find out because I may be interested. Hope that gets you off the ground anyway, William

Comment

Hello William; Your artifact is still a little north of my area. I have heard of them but have not ever delt with any. My artifacts are all off the Columbia in Washington state. You may find someone who knows about those here just wait and see. Anyway it is a neat lamp and thanks for posting it.  Good luck

Comment

Hey William - Excellent pic - Never saw an Inuit Seal Oil Lamp before.  Don't think they have them here in Tenn unless one of them thar Inuits went on a walk about.  Heh - Chuck
        Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Working...
        X