Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMD
    replied
    That is a beauty. Welcome to the forum. Can't help you with the type but there are folks from your region who will chime in for you I'm sure.

Leave a comment:

• Borodog
    replied
    Hi guys; I'm new. I was walking in my back yard this afternoon with my sons and found this beautiful quartz arrowhead on the ground. We live in central NC.

Does anyone know how old it might be? Our back yard is absolutely chock full of quartz. It looks like I'm not the first inhabitant to notice. ;O) Now I have to find at least one more (I have two boys!).

Leave a comment:

• Butch Wilson
    replied
    Kyrousis wrote:

Hello, what group/tribe/clan of people would have created yours? Mine seems to either a cruder or more beat up version of yours. It does not appear to be yellow though
    The group was called "The Guilford People" from the middle Archaic Period. I am sure your find is related.

Leave a comment:

• Butch Wilson
    replied
    Guilfords were way before "tribes" Middle Archic Period 6,000 to 4,000 years before present. I would call you point an archaic knife it's a bit beat up to type.

Leave a comment:

• Kyrousis
    replied
    Hello, what group/tribe/clan of people would have created yours? Mine seems to either a cruder or more beat up version of yours. It does not appear to be yellow though

Leave a comment:

• Kyrousis
    replied
    Hello, and thank you for taking the time to reply. It does not have a Diamond shaped cross section as your excellent samples show. It is most similar to your third pic down, rounded. Yet still mine is more elongated. I have just attached the best pic(IMO) I have of it. It is laying on the back of a Casio Scientific Calculator.
    Thank You and best regards,
    Timothy

Leave a comment:

• Butch Wilson
    replied
    Nice ones Dave nothin' better than nicely knapped quartz. I don't find any here, I sure miss them.

Leave a comment:

• GA_Dave
    replied
    thanks all .mr butch.heres a couple more that i like.that is strange to me i never could find a quartz point back home .they are there but not in great numbers.but since i lived here i struggle to find flint and chert.lol.

Leave a comment:

• Butch Wilson
    replied
    Here are a couple of quartz "rib ticklers" from Columbia SC.

Leave a comment:

• bmart0693
    replied
    Those are some beautiful quartz arrowheads.  I love to find quartz anytime I hunt.  Nice material!

Leave a comment:

• rokhedred
    replied
    Butch, those are beauties!

Leave a comment:

• sunsetsuperman
    replied
    very nice crystal points indeed , very nice !! , i have a few in the collection ,, u guys from the   carolinas know ,,, so much material here ,(( but just don't flack like the chert does ))..
    means there are fewer arrowheads , like in the upper great lakes area, and texas of course !
            but work hard at it enough and we know what can happen !! this was last weekend spent 2 days walking
        these hill's i will not again attempt to get so much stuff out , even though i;m on a dirt bike .
        had to be 80lbs on my back ,
          but the next few weeks will be fun ,, yea should see all the blades and scrapers . 
       oh yeah about 6 hills look like this .
    p.s. go carolina !! lol

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    replied
    Thanks for adding Ryan those are awesome     

Leave a comment:

• Dandielyonwine
    replied
    Sweet Virginia Quartz!

Leave a comment:

• RyanVa
    replied
    A couple more handfuls of Virginia quartz.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X