Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoss
    replied
    LOL there are millions out there undiscovered. Keep looking and be patient. I started with a guide when I was a kid and he was the best! It still took me two years to find a perfect point.

Leave a comment:

• tradspirit
    replied
    Hey Matt:
    It's no small wonder i can't find any points..looks like you have em all!  Nice collections.
    Jim

Leave a comment:

• roustabout149
    replied
    This is another small quartz piece from Ohio.  Possibly has citrine inclusions.

Leave a comment:

• CliffJ
    replied
    It does look like a slightly beat-up thumb scraper, but it may take in-hand inspection to verify that. With crystaline material it is hard to see flaking in pics.

Leave a comment:

• roustabout149
    replied
    I've been thinking, and reading back over the comments on this green quartz.  I think I didn't show enough of the piece to give you guys a clear view of it.  It just looks like a little pyramid shaped bobble of quartz.  It isn't flat on any side...it has several sides.  I became excited when a scraper was mentioned and my hopes were up.  Anyway, I think my hopes will be shattered when you see the rest of the pictures.
    Pam

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    replied
    I never added this stuff to the Quartz pages. This link will show a Chalcedony Squibnocket Triangle point from CT. Chalcedony is a cryptocrystalline quartz. It can come in any color under the rainbow. In Connecticut I have found mostly gray I have several points in the gray color. I have a few small specimens of a red colored material. I found the red in strata with Archaic points but the material was just too small and thick to make into anything.

Leave a comment:

• roustabout149
    replied
    Very nice, Hoss.  Very small, huh?  So I may have a green quartz thumb scraper?  That's too cool!

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    replied
    Looks like it could be a scraper. Thumbnail scrapers were named for the size and shape of a thumbnail Pam they can be very small. Check this one out thta is my pinky tip in the picture. This one was usded as a scraper, a spoke shave and a graver. One of my smallest scrapers and my smallest multitool for sure.

Leave a comment:

• roustabout149
    replied
    Butch Wilson wrote:

Pam, Cliff may be right. Flat on the back side beveled on the front. Take a look at those thumb scrapers shartis posted. About the same size.
      Cliff usually is right...but I don't know enough about artifacts to have called this a scraper.  I wouldn't have said that because I woulda been wrong! :laugh: Actually, I didn't even think about it!  I'll take a another look at shartis's post.  Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Butch Wilson
    replied
    Pam, Cliff may be right. Flat on the back side beveled on the front. Take a look at those thumb scrapers shartis posted. About the same size.

Leave a comment:

• itwasluck
    replied
    After looking at all these cool quartz pieces I went to a place 25 miles from my home today. It was worth it cause I knew there would be some quartz pieces there. I found some scrapers and 1 whole point. The rest most of them base point pieces. I did find 1 item shaped but not flaked of red quartz and I am not sure what it is. I uploaded it to my profile pics.

Leave a comment:

• roustabout149
    replied
    CliffJ wrote:

Is that green piece a scraper, possibly damaged? It looks like flaking from the lower edge- what does the other side look like? Cool color!
      I would not venture to say a scraper.  Think it would be way too small to scrape anything.  It's less than one inch in length.  This is a pic of the other side though.  I was thrilled to find green quartz!   

Leave a comment:

• CliffJ
    replied
    Is that green piece a scraper, possibly damaged? It looks like flaking from the lower edge- what does the other side look like? Cool color!

Leave a comment:

• shartis
    replied
    I would love to find a nice point made from that green quartz. Lots of quartz around here but I hadn't seen any green yet that I recall.

Leave a comment:

• roustabout149
    replied
    So much quartz and ALL sooooo...beautiful!  Here's a piece of green quartz from Ohio.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X