• Show
Clear All

• Butch Wilson
    replied
    Sam, those are little jewels for sure !

Leave a comment:

• Dandielyonwine
    replied
    Nice Ice! Here is the only yellow I have found in Indiana...
    ..so far.

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    replied
    Nice Sam very nice scrapers, That last pic looks yellow I wonder if its quartz or topaz?
    I have a few I will have to post some pics.

Leave a comment:

• shartis
    replied
    Lots of nice points everyone has posted. Here's a few crystal quartz thumb scapers I picked up over the years.

Leave a comment:

• itwasluck
    replied
    Nice but blurry 

Leave a comment:

• Dandielyonwine
    replied
    Those are beautiful pieces! Thanks for sharing. Just had our first snow in Lafayette, Indiana. I managed to pick these guys up yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• itwasluck
    replied
    All I can say is WOW! You people have alot of points. Makes my collection look very small. I cant even think how they must of been just laying all around as you walked with a bucket and a scooper in your hands. Not like that here at all. I might find 1 point a month and it is usually a heart breaker or not good quality. But I still pick them up. Alot of crops here and tilling that kills them and then the red clay that hardens like stone in the sun. VERY NICE STUFF!

Leave a comment:

• itwasluck
    replied
    I like the quartz (white) but I dont find much here mostly chert all colors. I do find alot of quartzite points but they arent near as nice as yours. Kinda brownish in color. I do like the red chert when I find it but it seems to be rare mostly black and the banded chert is nice when I can find it. I have only found 2 red and gray chert pieces which are real pretty. Of course black is the most I find and there is little black leaves mixed in with them and its really hard to find.

Leave a comment:

• Colonel Angus
    replied
    Shartis,
    That is an amazing collection of points!!! How much searching is represented in that massive amount of artifacts?? I'm blown away!!

Leave a comment:

• shartis
    replied
    Thanks Hoss. Done a lot of walking

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    replied
    Sam you have some really awesome points my friend! That triangle in the fifth pic is fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• shartis
    replied
    A few more from S.C.

Leave a comment:

• Butch Wilson
    replied
    In my experience Yuma is a little harder to come by !
    Butch

Leave a comment:

• Lookn4pnts
    replied
    [QUOTE]Butch Wilson wrote:

Originally posted by Lookn4pnts post=25040
    That's some nice points there guys!  What awesome collections!  I don't have many "whole" quartz points, in fact I only have one. 
    Here it is.  Guilford straight base I believe.  At least, if you know you found them yourself, their authentic!  Most all of these pics posted by everyone look legit to me.  HH
    lookn4pnts, take a close look at that base, you may have a Guilford Yuma !
    Butch
      Thanks for pointing that out Butch.  You might be right.  Can't tell if the base was made like that or if it is chipped a little (broken)?  Is one type more rarer than the other?

Leave a comment:

• Butch Wilson
    replied
    Lookn4pnts wrote:

That's some nice points there guys!  What awesome collections!  I don't have many "whole" quartz points, in fact I only have one. 
    Here it is.  Guilford straight base I believe.  At least, if you know you found them yourself, their authentic!  Most all of these pics posted by everyone look legit to me.  HH
    lookn4pnts, take a close look at that base, you may have a Guilford Yuma !
    Butch

Leave a comment:

Working...
X